Principal Engineer2019 - PRESENTSkyscanner
Technologies: ETL, PySpark, Data Engineering, Swift, Mobile Development, Mobile Design
- Participated in the data analytics system design for mobile platforms which helps to organize the holistic, reliable, and consistent data analytics system for our main product.
- Created stable and reliable metrics and KPIs so that management and product teams could make better data-driven decisions.
- Assisted in the design of the crucial parts of our front end and back end.
Senior iOS Engineer2017 - 2018Agoda
Technologies: C#, Python, TeamCity, Code Generators, Xcode, Objective-C, Swift
- Developed the iOS app localization system that allows for pulling of translations during run-time, significantly increasing the number of A/B experiments with strings in the application.
- Reduced the iOS app startup time to under two seconds by refactoring the startup code and introduction and monitoring the application performance metrics.
- Implemented the client-side (iOS) business analytics SDK and accompanied tooling for the analytics. It helped introduce reliability and consistency between all three platforms and made very efficient data-driven decisions.
Mobile Developer2014 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: NAT, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), RTP, GStreamer, WebRTC, Sockets, VoIP, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Swift
- Developed a highly secure messenger (chats and audio/video calls) as an iOS application using GStreamer and its implementation of network protocols and encryption algorithms.
- Modularized the iOS application using VIPER architecture and development pods to increase development speed, reduce app-building time, and the number of conflicts in the codebase.
- Implemented an enhanced state machine in the iOS app that helped manage the extremely complicated logic of user interactions.
Department Head2007 - 2012K-Electronics
Technologies: PLC, SCADA, Industrial Automation, Real-time Systems, C++, C
- Developed software for the anti-icing heating system for railroad tracks. It was installed in Saint-Petersburg and helped to avoid train schedule interruptions because of the tracks icing over.
- Deployed the first version of industrial automation controllers for measuring temperature and control equipment. It communicated the current state with SCADA systems and helped the company significantly reduce costs.
- Organized a 35-person R&D department and small manufacturing plant for developing and manufacturing new industrial automation devices.
- Developed a multi-layered client-server SCADA system for the automation of industrial equipment such as heating and energy supply systems.