Senior Developer2014 - 2015TelepathData, Inc.
Technologies: Scala, Play, AngularJS, Bootstrap, AWS
- Wrote modules for an email analysis system in Scala and Play.
- Refactored monolithic Scala components into a more modular structure.
- Developed new front-end modules with AngularJS and simplified existing code with Restangular, iodash, and other libraries.
- Wrote functional tests with Selenium and Scala to test functionality from a user perspective.
- Used Mocha and Chai for testing AngularJS modules.
- Added Google Analytics to track basic information about user behavior.
Back-end Developer2013 - 2014WiserTogether, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, MongoDB, Django, PostgreSQL
- Developed a healthcare knowledge base in Python/Django and MongoDB.
- Provided a REST API for this database with complex graph traversal scenarios.
- Wrote an automated migration tool (similar to South) for model updates in MongoDB.
- Created automation scripts for OpenShift instance management.
- Covered 100% of the code with tests.
Senior Developer2012 - 2013Metabar
Technologies: Python, MongoDB, Django, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Designed a system for Internet statistics collection.
- Replaced an existing MongoDB sharding cluster (3 shards) with a single replica set after deep optimization and refactoring.
- Developed a high-load back-end with Python/Celery and RabbitMQ that serves >25M tasks per day.
- Created a custom OLTP/OLAP solution with MongoDB that serves >12M users per day.
- Provided support and disaster investigation for production servers.
- Automated deployments with Fabric.
- Wrote asynchronous code with Gevent for building our own service on top of Yandex.Market API.
Senior Developer2011 - 2012Tehnodar
Technologies: Python, Django, C, MongoDB, NumPy
- Created a vehicle tracking web application in Python/Django.
- Developed a high-loaded database (MongoDB, >10M new geospatial data points per day).
- Designed scalable and failover architecture for the system.
- Made a significant performance boost by applying NumPy (package for scientific computing) for data analysis.
- Installed and maintained servers for project needs.
Developer2008 - 2010Petrozavodsk State University
Technologies: Python, C
- Created a mult-iblog client application for the Maemo/MeeGo platform.
- Designed application architecture and API.
- Implemented a lightweight ORM to support offline mode.
- Integrated the application with different web services.
- Wrote unit tests and Doxygen comments.
- BoatWatch (Development)http://bw.skrt.biz
A vehicle tracking web application with advanced analytical features.
- Metabar (Development)
A platform for building browser extensions.
- TheSeventhSense (Development)http://www.theseventhsense.com/
An email analysis web application written in Scala and AngularJS.
- Artem is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Artem shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksAngularJS, Django, Bootstrap, Express.js, Play, Akka, Selenium, Machine Learning
Libraries/APIsFabric, Node.js, RequireJS, Gevent, Pandas, jQuery, NumPy, ØMQ, Backbone.js
ToolsCelery, Git, IPython, RabbitMQ, Mercurial
StorageMongoDB, Memcached, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Concurrent Programming, Asynchronous Programming, Agile Software Development, Parallel & Distributed Computing
OtherMessaging Patterns, Tornado
- Master degree in Information Systems2010 - 2012Petrozavodsk State University - Russian Federation, Petrozavodsk
- Bachelor degree in Applied Mathematics2006 - 2010Petrozavodsk State University - Russian Federation, Petrozavodsk