- Senior Developer2014 - 2015TelepathData, Inc.
Technologies: Scala, Play, AngularJS, Bootstrap, AWS
- Wrote modules for an email analysis system in Scala and Play.
- Refactored monolithic Scala components into a more modular structure.
- Developed new front-end modules with AngularJS and simplified existing code with Restangular, iodash, and other libraries.
- Wrote functional tests with Selenium and Scala to test functionality from a user perspective.
- Used Mocha and Chai for testing AngularJS modules.
- Added Google Analytics to track basic information about user behavior.
- Back-end Developer2013 - 2014WiserTogether, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, MongoDB, Django, PostgreSQL
- Developed a healthcare knowledge base in Python/Django and MongoDB.
- Provided a REST API for this database with complex graph traversal scenarios.
- Wrote an automated migration tool (similar to South) for model updates in MongoDB.
- Created automation scripts for OpenShift instance management.
- Covered 100% of the code with tests.
- Senior Developer2012 - 2013Metabar
Technologies: Python, MongoDB, Django, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Designed a system for Internet statistics collection.
- Replaced an existing MongoDB sharding cluster (3 shards) with a single replica set after deep optimization and refactoring.
- Developed a high-load back-end with Python/Celery and RabbitMQ that serves >25M tasks per day.
- Created a custom OLTP/OLAP solution with MongoDB that serves >12M users per day.
- Provided support and disaster investigation for production servers.
- Automated deployments with Fabric.
- Wrote asynchronous code with Gevent for building our own service on top of Yandex.Market API.
- Senior Developer2011 - 2012Tehnodar
Technologies: Python, Django, C, MongoDB, NumPy
- Created a vehicle tracking web application in Python/Django.
- Developed a high-loaded database (MongoDB, >10M new geospatial data points per day).
- Designed scalable and failover architecture for the system.
- Made a significant performance boost by applying NumPy (package for scientific computing) for data analysis.
- Installed and maintained servers for project needs.
- Developer2008 - 2010Petrozavodsk State University
Technologies: Python, C
- Created a mult-iblog client application for the Maemo/MeeGo platform.
- Designed application architecture and API.
- Implemented a lightweight ORM to support offline mode.
- Integrated the application with different web services.
- Wrote unit tests and Doxygen comments.