Back-end Developer2020 - 2020Caterpillar, Inc.
Technologies: Azure, Django REST Framework, Django, Python
- Implemented REST API for database with information about parts and vehicles produced by Caterpillar.
- Deployed project to Azure Cloud. Provided help with data migration.
- Integrated JWT authentication in Django with existing solution.
Senior Developer2015 - 2019Bayer CropScience
Technologies: D3.js, Bioinformatics, Celery, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Django, Python
- Worked closely with the bioinformatics team at Bayer to developed a web portal for their genomic data.
- Implemented a single-page application using AngularJS and various D3.js libraries for genomic data.
- Developed the back end with Python/Django so that it can handle their database with terabytes of data as well as interact with existing computational clusters and other Bayer projects.
- Designed long-running aggregations, optimized complex queries, and developed multiple tools to explore data in DBs and locate errors and inconsistencies.
- Maintained high test coverage of back-end code (above 95%).
- Configured and maintained instances of the project (Linux).
Senior Developer2014 - 2015TelepathData, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Play, Scala
- Wrote modules for an email analysis system in Scala and Play.
- Refactored monolithic Scala components into a more modular structure.
- Developed new front-end modules with AngularJS and simplified existing code with Restangular, Lodash, and other libraries.
- Wrote functional tests with Selenium and Scala to test functionality from a user perspective.
- Used Mocha and Chai for testing AngularJS modules.
- Added Google Analytics to track basic information about user behavior.
Back-end Developer2013 - 2014WiserTogether, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Django, MongoDB, Python
- Developed a healthcare knowledge base in Python/Django and MongoDB.
- Provided a REST API for this database with complex graph traversal scenarios.
- Wrote an automated migration tool (similar to South) for model updates in MongoDB.
- Created automation scripts for OpenShift instance management.
- Covered 100% of the code with tests.
Senior Developer2012 - 2013Metabar
Technologies: RabbitMQ, Celery, Django, MongoDB, Python
- Designed a system for Internet statistics collection.
- Replaced an existing MongoDB sharding cluster (three shards) with a single replica set after deep optimization and refactoring.
- Developed a high-load back end with Python/Celery and RabbitMQ that serves 25+ million tasks per day.
- Created a custom OLTP/OLAP solution with MongoDB that serves 12+ million users per day.
- Provided support and disaster investigation for production servers.
- Automated deployments with Fabric.
- Wrote asynchronous code with Gevent for building our own service on top of Yandex.Market API.
Senior Developer2011 - 2012Tehnodar
Technologies: NumPy, MongoDB, C, Django, Python
- Created a vehicle tracking web application in Python/Django.
- Developed a high-load database (MongoDB, 10+ million new geospatial data points per day).
- Designed scalable and failover architecture for the system.
- Made a significant performance boost by applying NumPy (package for scientific computing) for data analysis.
- Installed and maintained servers for project needs.
Developer2008 - 2010Petrozavodsk State University
Technologies: C, Python
- Created a multi-blog client application for the Maemo/MeeGo platform.