Arun Kumar Basnet
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Specialist and Developer
Arun is a data engineer with four years of business intelligence and data warehousing expertise. His proficiency spans managing databases, crafting intricate SQL queries, leveraging cloud platforms, designing and executing ETL pipelines, and delivering impactful BI reports. Arun's extensive experience in reporting and data warehousing has enriched his skill set and honed his ability to excel within collaborative teams while maintaining exceptional client relationships.
Oracle Retail, Snowflake, Azure Data Factory, Databases, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Tableau, SQL, Data Warehousing, ADF, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is designing the data mart for a client and the ETL framework and setting up the production environment with user-level security.
Lead Data Engineer
Elite Cloud Ops Pvt Ltd.
- Developed a Python script to scrape the web platform for multiple websites, download the data, and upload it into Azure Blob Storage.
- Created an ETL pipeline in Azure Data Factory to load the data from the Azure Blob Storage to PostgreSQL database.
- Designed and developed an ETL pipeline to orchestrate the web-scrapping scripting and data loading in the Azure PostgreSQL database.
- Designed and Implemented the database architecture for multiple datasets in Azure PostgreSQL database.
Senior Software Engineer
LIS Nepal Pvt
- Led an offshore support team for a retail client handling the deliverables. Used the Oracle BI suite, including OBIEE, BIP, ODI, and MFP.
- Acted as a technical lead for a project delivering a new data model, data warehouse architecture, and the data load logic and automating it using Azure Data Factory and tasks in Snowflake.
- Served as the subject matter expert (SME) on a project. Provided assistance to the team member on the project's issues and helped with the deliverables.
- Developed a data warehouse for a client as per their requirement. Developed ETL scripts to load targets using a Snowflake procedure. Set up and maintained the production environment of a Snowflake data warehouse and implemented role-based access.
- Analyzed Tableau reports and recreated Power BI reports related to existing ones in Tableau as part of the migration.
LIS Nepal Pvt
- Developed, tested, and monitored new integration to load customer data into RA from source CRM using KSH scripts. Designed, developed, tested, and deployed the entire ETL module.
- Contributed to the history conversion of historical data from the legacy system, developed the ETL scripts for the daily batch, validated the data, and implemented Python script on the Snowflake database.
- Performed the system implementation of BI on reporting side using the MicroStrategy (MSTR) reporting tool. Built schema objects, public objects, reports, and dashboards in MSTR.
Associate Software Engineer
LIS Nepal Pvt
- Used the Oracle BI retail suite, RA and RI, acquiring functional and technical knowledge in the ODI, OBIEE, BIP, and shell scripts.
- Contributed to the Oracle Retail XStore POS solution. Used Java as a programming language, modified existing features per requirements and added new features.
- Acted as a support developer working on the OBIEE reporting, report development, and metadata modification of RPD files in OBIEE. Provided support for the reports' schedules and agents.
CRM to Data Warehouse Integration
I solely worked on the design of the ETL module, developed the load logic based on mapping documents, handled the SCD changes of the customer dimension, and validated the data. I also provided batch support for the new module.
Timesheet Data Mart
I used Azure Data Factory to orchestrate the extraction process and Snowflake procedures and tasks to handle the loading part and schedule it on a daily basis. Per the reporting needs and requirements, I developed various reporting views and enhanced the project by orchestrating the entire data flow from the Azure Data Factory. I also developed a module to notify through email in case of batch failure.
I also developed new Power BI reports and dashboards on top of the data warehouse concerning existing Tableau reports which were built on top of Excel files as part of the report migration.
Project Migration from On-premise to Cloud
MicroStrategy (MSTR) Reporting
I worked as a report developer for a client, developing the MSTR schema objects, public objects, report datasets, and dashboards. I also created the deployment packages to deploy the report objects across different environments.
Snowflake, SQL, SQL DML, Stored Procedure, Python, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Python 3, Java, C++, C
ETL, OLAP, Business Intelligence (BI), Dimensional Modeling, Database Development, Database Design, Oracle ODI
Databases, Data Integration, Data Validation, PostgreSQL, Oracle Cloud, SQL Performance, SQL Stored Procedures, MySQL, Azure Blobs, Data Pipelines, Azure SQL
Oracle BIP, Data Engineering, Data Queries, Data Migration, BI Reporting, ETL Tools, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Integration, Reporting, Data Analytics, Migration, Performance Tuning, Sales Reports, ELT, Scripting Languages, Data Build Tool (dbt), Data Modeling, Data Aggregation, Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse Design, MicroStrategy, Shell Scripting, ETL Testing, BI Reports, Programming, Computer Graphics, Networking, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Azure Data Lake, Sales, Cloud, Blob Storage
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Tableau, Google Sheets, Looker, Apache Airflow, Google Forms, Jira, Microsoft Power BI, GitHub
Oracle Retail, Oracle, Azure, Oracle Database, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Azure PaaS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Kathmandu University - Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
SnowPro Core Certification
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals