Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTToptal Client [NDA]
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Django, Python, Go
- Build a Go-based web spider to support the ad-tech safety platform of the organization.
- Improved existing Python-based scanners for better performance.
- Added Elasticsearch to parts of the platform that were extremely slow to display data from an SQL database.
- Improved the infrastructure deployed on AWS to follow industry best practices and to provide load balancing and high availability.
- Improved the structure and indexing of database tables to reduce query times for popular reporting view from minutes to seconds.
Head of Technology2017 - PRESENTFelix
- Led the technical team and made technology decisions.
- Managed the infrastructure as a DevOps engineer.
- Provided hands-on coding on the main application and related services.
- Took part in product discussions and the product development lifecycle.
- Performed code reviews to ensure acceptable code quality standards were maintained.
- Built and managed a pricing engine that translates rules from Excel sheets to Python and presented them as an API.
Technical Co-founder2016 - PRESENTAgile Leaf
Technologies: Flutter, Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Swift, Cordova, Ionic, Angular, HTML5, Django
- Created and managed several landing pages and AdWords campaigns for a real estate agency based in the UAE.
- Helped the team finalizing and shipping to the client an Android application that showcases their product line and helps their customers to select the most appropriate product for their use.
- Led the overall technology strategy of the company and also mentored the team while trying to solve technical problems.
- Created an Ionic/Cordova-based mobile app for a printing press. The app allows the sales agents to quickly generate quotes for printing jobs in the field.
- Developed a Django-based property showcase site for a real estate agency in the UAE with integration to a leading property CRM system.
- Managed the server infrastructure for the clients' projects. This includes services deployed in a multi-cloud environment and providers like Google Cloud, AWS, DigitalOcean, and WebFaction.
- Ensured that the technology part of the business was handled according to our company's mindset.
- Worked as a product development team member to make sure the team was providing products with the most impact on the business.
- Assured that product requirements were translated to technical specs that led to fast product development.
Portals Technical Team Lead2014 - 2017JRD Group
- Worked on the existing PHP codebase for one of the largest property-focused classified portals in the Middle East.
- Led the project of rewriting the existing PHP codebase to Django/Python as the senior back-end developer.
- Handled the effort to internationalize and launch the new portal in more than five countries in the Middle East.
- Stepped up the ladder to become the team leader for the portals' team, focusing on the smooth operation of the technical team.
- Managed the DevOps activities to ensure the smooth functioning of the infrastructure that the JustProperty portal uses.
Junior Web Developer2013 - 2014Dubizzle
Technologies: Bootstrap, HTML5, Python, Django
- Developed the Django back and front ends of the new place-an-ad (PAA) form for the largest classifieds site in the Middle East.
- Refactored the existing code to improve the performance and clarity of the jobs vertical in the Dubizzle classifieds portal.
- Helped on the monetization project for the Jobs vertical.
- Improved the search functionality that was relevant to the jobs vertical.
- Created the back end for the customer admin panel of the jobs vertical.
Contractor2010 - 2011Read.fm
- Built a local web page used by teachers to sync up translated text with videos.
- Contributed to help students learn foreign languages by providing a fully local-based solution.
Contractor2010 - 2011Advantica Lab System Software
- Improved a web application related to optical prescription management.
- Added additional features to this Django-based app.
- Provided accurate outputs that involved a good deal of mathematical calculations.
Contractor2010 - 2011VentureMob
- Built a scraper to search and extract rankings from a popular restaurant ranking site using Python with BeautifulSoup.
- Developed a couple of web pages that showed users some entities on a Google Map and allowed them to search and filter information, all processes assured using a Perl codebase.
- Created an interactive web scraper that would take some input, use that to run a search on a popular ranking site, and extract the output using Perl.