Head of Technology2018 - PRESENTFelix
- Led the technical team and made technology decisions.
- Managed the infrastructure as a DevOps engineer.
- Provided hands-on coding on the main application and related services.
- Took part in product discussions and the product development lifecycle.
- Performed code reviews to ensure acceptable code quality standards were maintained.
- Built and managed a pricing engine that translates rules from Excel sheets to Python and presented them as an API.
Technical Co-founder2016 - PRESENTAgile Leaf
Technologies: Django, HTML5, Angular, Ionic, Cordova, Swift, Landing Pages, AdWords, Facebook Ads
- Created and managed a number of landing pages and AdWords campaigns for a real estate agency based in the UAE.
- Helped the team in the finalizing and shipping of a client's Android application that showcases their product line and helps their customers in the selection of a product appropriate for their use.
- Led the overall technology strategy of the company and also mentored the team when they are trying to solve technical problems.
- Created an Ionic/Cordova-based mobile app for a printing press. The app allows the sales agents to quickly generate quotes for printing jobs in the field.
- Developed a Django-based property showcase site for a real estate agency in the UAE with an integration with a leading property CRM system.
- Managed the server infrastructure for the projects that we work on. This includes services deployed in a multi-cloud environment and providers like Google Cloud, AWS, DigitalOcean, and WebFaction.
- Ensured that the technology part of the business was handled in a way that makes sense for us.
- Made certain, as product development team member, that the team works on products that provide the most impact for the business.
- Assured that the product requirements are translated to technical specs that led to a fast product development.
Portals Technical Team Lead2014 - 2017JRD Group
- Worked on the existing PHP codebase for one of the largest property-focused classified portals in the Middle East.
- Led as the senior back-end developer in the project to rewrite the existing PHP codebase to Django/Python.
- Handled the effort to internationalize and launch the new portal in more than five countries in the Middle East.
- Was promoted to the position of team lead for the portals team (after the last team lead left)—focusing on the smooth operation of the technical team.
- Managed the DevOps activities to ensure smooth functioning of the infrastructure that the JustProperty portal uses.
Junior Web Developer2013 - 2014Dubizzle
Technologies: Django, Python, HTML5, Bootstrap
- Developed the Django back-end and front-end of the new place-an-ad (PAA) form for the largest classifieds site in the Middle East.
- Refactored the existing code to improve performance and clarity for the jobs vertical in the Dubizzle classifieds portal.
- Helped on the monetization project for the Jobs vertical.
- Improved the search functionality that was relevant to the jobs vertical.
- Created the back end for the customer admin panel of the jobs vertical.
Contractor2010 - 2011Read.fm
Contractor2010 - 2011Advantica Lab System Software
- Improved a Django based web application by adding additional features. It was an app. related to optical prescription management and involved a good deal of mathematical calculations to produce accurate output.
Contractor2010 - 2011VentureMob
- Built a scrapper in Python with BeautifulSoup to search and extract rankings from a popular restaurant ranking site.
- Developed a couple of web pages on a Perl code base that showed users some entities on a Google Map and allowed them to search & filter.
- Constructed an interactive web scrapper in Perl that would take some input, use that to run a search on a popular ranking site, and extracted the output.