Verified Expert in Engineering
Front-end, WordPress, and Shopify Developer
Asif is a seasoned front-end web developer with 9+ years of experience and a successful track record of 50+ projects. With expertise in WordPress, Shopify, and Webflow, Asif delivers exceptional results. Clients rely on his ability to transform visions into visually appealing websites. From custom themes to optimizing performance, seamlessly integrating cutting-edge technologies and optimizing website performance sets Asif apart. His skills and accomplishments position him as a top choice.
Webpack, NPM, Bower, Grunt, Gulp, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, Webflow, WordPress, Shopify
The most amazing...
...achievement was leading Shopify development for Steelandpipes.com. I created a custom theme and integrated apps across 20+ divisions and 4,200+ products.
Numeral Technologies Inc.
- Examined the site and suggested building it from scratch due to its complex setup. The challenge for "Go Numeral" was to revamp a website into a mobile-responsive, precisely designed platform.
- Completed the project two days ahead of schedule, working with a tight 2-week deadline and investing extra time, even on weekends.
- Used my animation skills with the GreenSock Animation Platform (GSAP) and ensured the new site was responsive and included smooth animations for a polished look.
- Focused on front-end development to create the design and functionality, then seamlessly integrated this into WordPress, ensuring the site was user-friendly and easy to manage.
- Delivered a sleek, fast-loading website that fits perfectly on mobile screens. The client was thrilled with the outcome!
Craft Education Technologies Limited
- Followed the best industry standard of proper requirement engineering to understand clients' requirements for design upgrades and performance optimization.
- Modernized the content management site to increase website performance. It was modified with reusable static content blocks. It enables the client to control the material without the assistance of a developer.
- Delivered the project in a very limited time and budget.
Senior UI Developer
- Followed the key principle of requirement engineering during interviews, which helps the developer and stakeholder better understand the project.
- Had a few conversations about the strengths and weaknesses of their selected platform.
- Enabled the company, based on the discussions we had, to identify the weaknesses of their proposed plan and needed to go back to the drawing board to tackle the project requirements better.
Retail Omnichannel Consultant LLC DBA Che by Chelsey
- Configured and customized various plugins, such as store enhancement, caching plugins, and security plugins, ensuring seamless integration with the website.
- Implemented SEO optimization techniques, including keyword research, meta-tag optimization, and URL restructuring.
- Optimized site performance by configuring and fine-tuning mechanisms, leveraging CDN (content delivery network) solutions, and implementing code optimizations.
Front-end and Shopify Developer
Steel and Pipes
- Used my in-depth knowledge of Shopify to help a designer in my team.
- Built pixel-perfect theme-matching designs provided in Figma using Bootstrap CSS.
- Converted theme into a fully-functional Shopify store.
- Added complete customization options to theme sections.
- Developed custom solutions for advanced requirements.
- Provided assistance to the team with integrating a third-party inventory management system that the store owners already used.
- Helped with the mobile app version of the store to create Android and iOS versions.
Lead WordPress Developer
Stable Group (via Toptal)
- Built a custom theme that was based on Sketch designs.
- Added custom back-end fields for theme management.
- Created each section fully editable from the back end. Integrated custom fields.
- Integrated Lottie animations into WordPress templates.
Senior Shopify Developer
- Customized and developed various new solutions for Shopify stores and built modern and optimized shops.
- Developed themes from scratch, having only design as the starting point.
- Reskinned an existing theme according to the new design and requirements.
Lead WordPress Developer
DialMyCalls (via Toptal)
- Created pixel-perfect HTML pages from Sketch using Bootstrap.
- Developed a design utilizing wireframes in Photoshop.
- Converted a Photoshop design into pixel-perfect HTML code using Sass preprocessor.
- Translated HTML code into a fully functional WordPress theme.
Luke Berry, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Collaborated with Luke Berry Inc. on multiple website projects.
- Specialized in front-end customizations and Shopify development.
- Provided high-quality custom solutions to enhance website functionality and design.
- Contributed to improving user experiences across various websites.
- Aided in creating seamless and visually appealing digital platforms for Luke Berry Inc.'s online audience.
Senior Front-end Developer
iPlex, Pvt Ltd.
- Wrote CSS following BEM (Block, Element, Modifier) standards.
- Developed the HTML and CSS coding of the front-end interfaces, including cross-browser support and unit testing, to ensure the quality of work.
- Delivered pixel-perfect, cross-browser, hand-coded XHTML/CSS templates for a number of in-house and client web-based projects.
- Liaised with project managers and team leads as well as design, testing, and back-end development teams.
- Fixed existing cross-browser and cross-platform UI bugs on the main website and optimized the sites for mobile browsers using CSS media queries.
Some solutions I have developed to meet the design requirements include custom functionalities, such as site-wide sale and discount scripts, subscriptions, A/B testing support, customized product upsells on side cart and product pages, and integration of highly customized collections layout.
As apps are an integral part of any eCommerce store, I integrated them to extend functionalities for a product recommendation and custom fields for a custom product or collection experience. I also integrated Klaviyo for email marketing, recharge for order subscriptions, Okendo for product reviews, Yotpo for loyalty and referral programs, and a reusable box for shipping.
eCommerce for Steel and Pipeshttps://store.steelandpipes.com/
During the designing phase, I joined the team, providing in-depth knowledge of the Shopify platform to help create a design aligned with the platform. We agreed that a custom solution was needed because the store had some special requirements due to the nature of this hardware business. We completed this project and delivered a functional and customizable Shopify theme within the proposed eight-week time.
Additionally, I supported the team in importing and integrating a third-party database system that the store was already using for inventory management.
The client's feedback, "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐝𝐚 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞," stands as a testament to the success of the project, likening the development team to a masterful Renaissance artist who breathed life into their online presence.
Webflow Website for a Chemical Production Companyhttps://www.ctc.ca/
eCommerce for Canishttps://www.canisathlete.com/
The store was created in Engine Commerce, an old and outdated platform. The client wanted to transfer the store and its existing functionalities to a stable platform. Therefore it was moved to Shopify. I transferred the products and other settings from Engine Commerce and created fully editable themes for the new store.
For the backend, I used Liquid Template as the store was created in Shopify. Some custom apps were also integrated into the store for additional functionalities. There were many code-intensive custom solutions introduced for the complex theme design.
Bootstrap 3+, AngularJS, ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS
jQuery, jQuery UI, WordPress API, Vue, Liquid, React, Google APIs, Shopify API
Mailchimp, NPM, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Gulp, Grunt, Bower, Webpack, Figma, WPML, Gutenberg Editor, ACF PRO, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
UI Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Responsive Layout
WordPress, Webflow, WooCommerce, Shopify, Klaviyo, Webflow CMS, GreenSock Animation Platform (GSAP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web
PSD to HTML, Responsive Design, Responsive UI, Mobile First, PSD to Shopify, PSD to Mailchimp, Web Languages, Shopify Design, Shopify Customizations, Websites, Plugin Development, User Interface (UI), Elementor, Front-end Design, Front-end Development, User Experience (UX), Web Development, A/B Testing, eCommerce, Shopify Theme, HTML UI, CSS3 Animation, HTML5 Animations, Pixel Perfect, Page Speed Optimization, Plugins, No-code Development, SVG, WordPress Themes, SEO Tools, Mobile eCommerce, Front-end, Sketch to HTML, HTML to WordPress, Lottie, Theme Development, App Integration, Apps, Third-party Integration, Computer Science, Subscriptions, Web UI, Layout, UI Development, UI Animation, Content Management Systems (CMS), MERN Stack, Bootstrap 4, Accessibility, WCAG 2, eCommerce APIs, Animation
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi - Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Webflow Certification Exam, Layout Level 1
Webflow Certification Exam, Layout Level 2
Webflow Experts Certification
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring