Verified Expert in Engineering
Atanas has several years of development experience with particular expertise in system and network administration and integrating continuous delivery and continuous integration processes into development workflows. Atanas also possesses considerable experience with several tools to achieve the tasks mentioned above, but he considers his analytical approach to problem-solving his strongest skill.
Zsh, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu
The most amazing...
...project I have built is Wholefolio.io, a portfolio-tracking platform for various cryptocurrencies.
Principle DevOps Engineer
- Created PCI-DSS-compliant infrastructure architecture and migration from the existing infrastructure.
- Designed a migration plan and GitLab proof of concept (POC) for the CI/CD needs of the company.
- Designed and implemented a scalable IaC solution for the existing codebase and migrated the code to the solution.
- Conducted service mesh multi-cluster research, the initial rollout of the project, and prepared the path for implementation with a dedicated certificate authority.
- Created a portfolio tracking platform for cryptocurrencies.
- Implemented a microservice-based architecture, with CD for delivering the apps to Kubernetes in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage the marketing and sales process of the company.
- Created the curriculum currently used for teaching introduction to scripting languages.
- Held class events with relevant experts from different industries to showcase the life of a programmer.
- Worked on a committee to defend the thesis of 12th-grade students.
- Consulted as a DevOps for a SaaS platform; worked on architecture, CI/CD, and infrastructure management.
- Designed and constructed an infrastructure solution for a Java-based microservice ecosystem on GCP with BigQuery, Kubernetes, and Kafka on Cloud computing.
- Handled Docker and Kubernetes preparation and implementation for a CI/CD application.
- Consulted with a SaaS company within the fintech sector. Prepared the infrastructure (IaC with Terraform) and CI/CD. Utilized the GCP, Helm, Kubernetes, and Istio tech stack.
- Implemented user automation for a user orchestration suite in Office 365, G Suite, and LDAP.
- Migrated from Office 365 to G Suite using Python and PowerShell scripting.
- Automated the build of the internal Mattermost app.
- Implemented CD pipelines in GitLab for more than 30 microservices.
- Handled the OpenStack migration, including the tests, deployment, and transfer from the old OpenStack environment.
- Built, administered, and supported one of the core databases used in the product (MySQL).
- Supported the build of automation tools to assist in troubleshooting and data gathering (Python, PHP).
- Worked on Linux administration (CentOS, Gentoo, Ubuntu).
- Handled the troubleshooting and analyzed defects in the C++/PHP core.
- Developed the virtual machine with vSphere and KVM and managed and deployed Docker.
Core Network Operations Engineer
Mobiltel (A1 BG)
- Administered the Linux core with Red Hat, Debian, and CentOS.
- Scripted and automated processes using Bash and PHP. Built web applications using PHP.
- Administered various equipment from different vendors, including AudioCodes, Nokia-Siemens, and Genband.
- Deployed and managed the VoIP core and client devices.
Second Level Support Specialist
Mobiltel (A1 BG)
- Monitored the core and edge network, supported, installed, and troubleshot the office equipment.
- Monitored and provided support via email and phone to corporate clients.
- Diagnosed, consulted, and resolved issues with VoIP, hosting, IP networks, the point-to-point protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE), and Ethernet.
- Supported and investigated problems with customer equipment, including Cisco, Juniper, Mikrotik, Huawei, and ZTE.
Application Deployment with Kubernetes and GCP
Migration from Google App Engine to Kubernetes with Istiohttps://stratumfive.com
Automation Suite for User Creation/Deletion
After completion, the suite successfully interacts with Microsoft Flow and Microsoft SharePoint to fetch all of the relevant data and from there provision the user profiles in a number of different systems (Google G Suite, Office 365, LDAP, VPN User). The suite also assigns appropriate privileges and groups depending on the profile of the employee.
Technologies: Python, PowerShell, GitLab, Jira
Application Deployment with Kubernetes
Mattermost App Build Automation
Office 365 to Google G Suite Migration
Technologies: PowerShell, Python, Google SDK
Django, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Windows PowerShell
Google APIs, Google Cloud API, Jira REST API, React, Office 365 API, Node.js
Helm, Jira, GitLab CI/CD, Crucible, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Grafana, Amazon EKS, Celery, LibreNMS, Nagios, Docker Compose, Ansible, Terraform, NGINX, Zsh, GitLab, RabbitMQ, Istio
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Agile, Microservices, Continuous Delivery (CD)
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Amazon EC2, OpenStack, FreeBSD, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Apache Kafka, Google Cloud SDK
Office 365, TCP/IP, Cloud Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Single Sign-on (SSO), LDAP, DNS, Juniper, Cisco Networking, Prometheus, Pub/Sub, Google Pub/Sub, Service Meshes, Amazon RDS, Gentoo, VoIP, SIP, H323, SS7, 2G, 3G, BGP, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Ethernet, Networking
MySQL, PostgreSQL, JSON, MongoDB
Bachelor of Informatics Degree in Networking Technologies
New Bulgarian University - Sofia, Bulgaria
Certificate of Proficiency in English