Director of Cloud Sevices and DevOps2018 - 2019Belatrix Software
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Consul, Nomad, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS
- Created and bootstrapped the company's cloud services unit.
- Designed, managed, and supported the cloud Infrastructure of multiple customers at multiple cloud providers.
- Designed and executed multiple inter-cloud infrastructure migrations.
- Oversaw recruiting and training, resource allocation, and employee assessment.
- Designed and executed the company's cloud partnership strategy.
CEO/CTO | Co-founder2009 - 2018Vurbia Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Consul, Nomad, Terraform, Ansible, Windows, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, VMware, IBM Cloud
- Designed, managed, and supported the company's VMware-based IaaS.
- Designed and executed the company's shift to become a managed services provider.
- Architected and implemented many tailor-made infrastructure solutions for company customers.
- Designed and developed numerous internal Ansible roles and Terraform modules.
- Built and mentored a cohesive, diversely qualified IT team.
Senior IT Architect and Consultant2007 - 2009Uniqs
Technologies: Dell EMC, Oracle, Solaris, Linux
- Provided consulting services to a wide variety of companies in Latin America.
- Designed and implemented several high availability and disaster recovery solutions for a wide variety of systems and platforms.
- Performed numerous capacity planning and performance assessments.
- Designed and implemented multiple early stage automation and configuration management solutions.
- Developed custom tools for analysis of capacity planning and performance assessment data.
Operations and IT Manager2002 - 2006Naviera Petrosan
Technologies: Windows, MySQL, Java, Linux
- Recruited to organize and manage the company’s operations department.
- Established and managed an enterprise-wide IT program.
- Oversaw company-wide efforts to identify and evaluate all critical systems.
- Designed and implemented security processes and procedures.
- Designed and oversaw the development of a web-based application for the operational needs of the company.
Senior IT Architect2000 - 2001spyn Inc.
Technologies: Hitachi HPLC, Oracle, Solaris
- Recruited to provide consulting services to a wide variety of companies worldwide.
- Supervised integration of heterogeneous platforms.
- Provided final approval for fully functional mission-critical solutions.
- Managed creation of high-profile HATP (high availability transaction processing) solutions, supervising development teams working in multiple locations.
- Designed and supervised the implementation of several high availability and disaster recovery solutions for a wide variety of systems and platforms.
Senior Unix Engineer/Systems Architect1999 - 2000Unifon (Telefonica)
Technologies: Hitachi HPLC, Dell EMC, Digital, Oracle, AIX, Tru64, Solaris
- Provided internal support to the Unix development team for the company’s mission-critical application.
- Co-managed and designed the company’s Unix infrastructure.
- Capacity-planned and supervised the migration of Miniphones Unix infrastructure to Unifon.
- Designed and supervised the implementation of the company’s new data center for the above migration.
- Implemented several high availability solutions involving Sun Enterprise 10000 Servers and EMC Symmetrix disk arrays.