Verified Expert in Engineering
After earning his computer science degree from Thapar University in India, Avant has gained professional and independent consulting experience in organizations of all sizes, from large IT companies to small startups. With a focus on Ruby on Rails, he's built and created relationships and great applications for clients, including ClickFunnels, Chipotle, Sebamed USA, ReviewMaiden, HealthEngine, DealDey, and many more.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was ClickFunnels: it was there that we pushed the limits of Ruby on Rails and handled users at scale.
- Contributed to the ReviewMaiden project that included adding analytics and insights based on reviews from 25+ websites and helping customers understand the feedback using NLP.
- Collaborated with another client that helps fitness studios with day-to-day management. The application enables offload staff management, classes management, payments, and provides customer touchpoints for making reservations.
- Served as a technology consultant at Healthengine, a healthcare startup focusing on reducing the cost of health procedures for the users.
- Did consulting for the company to help them understand the best cloud service to opt for and also helped the company win free credits from AWS.
- Migrated their existing application ecosystem from Azure to AWS.
- Enabled client to integrate 3rd party API (PokitDok) for tracking claims application automatically.
- Detailed a plan to upgrade the current application ecosystem by updating the scraper for latest data. Effectively helped client reduce the quote from another team by nearly $100,000.
- Served as a lead developer at Sebamed, the market leader for scientific skincare and body cleansing products in Germany and is sold in over 85 countries. I worked with the sole distributor of Sebamed in the USA to launch an eCommerce solution using Spree.
- Worked on adding the search feature using elasticsearch and ensure quality search results.
- Added the up-selling feature by looking on past purchases and visits of users and recommending products in the cart.
- Enabled rich snippets, search and other google search engine components for better SEO.
- Enabled to track marketing campaigns and conversions using Google Analytics.
- Extended the import/export functionality of the application to directly update inventory and products using excel.
- Created several reports like monthly sales, coupons usage, offer purchases, etc.
- Served as a senior developer at Chipotle, a billion-dollar Mexican food chain company. I worked on developing a CMS solution for the company responsible for launching multi-lingual websites for the company.
- Worked on the platform that enables Chipotle to create a site, add various components that define the UI of the website using an editor, and publish on the web.
- Worked on enabling email subscriptions, allowing users to subscribe for and opt out of different newsletters.
- Added the search feature on the platform to enable site-wide search results.
- Extended the CMS platform with new components like nested menus, containers, cards, etc.
- Enabled faster load of pages by ensuring CMS-compiled pages were stored in Redis and could be accessed faster—instead of generating HTML on the fly.
Tata Consultancy Services
- Contributed to the BFSI sector to create a web application for an insurance company.
- Worked on an iOS application for Delhi Police. It was an SOS app to help trigger alarms when someone is in danger. Used the headphone detection to trigger an alarm when the user disconnected earphone jacks three times from the phone consecutively.
- Explored RCS concepts for AT&T and helped develop an iPad application using SIP protocol to enable the RCS app for AT&T. The app supported video and audio calls, live discovery, messages, and PID information.
- Worked on analytics applications for Citi Bank. I helped clean up the data provided by Citi Bank and prepare the data to conduct analytics on it.
- Used tools like SQL and SAS to analyze cleaned data to provide various insights for the business based on the queries provided.
- Helped make useful charts to help analyze the data better in a time series manner and along with various filters.
ReviewMaiden | NLP and Analyticshttps://www.reviewmaiden.com
The core features of the application that I worked on include:
1. Using the NLP to analyze sentiments in the reviews and identify the keywords related to those reviews.
2. Using Elasticsearch to identify trending keywords.
3. Display analytics information based on location, time frame, review types, and much more in concise Highcharts graphs.
4. Optimizing the application to ensure the application can scale.
The following were the core features of the application:
1. Allow users to upload photos and videos. Photos and Videos also underwent transformations using Cloudinary and Wistia respectively.
2. Allow other users to like, comment, share the posts
3. Users could follow each other and had a dashboard for checking the posts from someone they are following
1. Integrate Stripe payment gateway into the platform
2. Fixed various bugs in the platform
3. Speed up the application by moving tasks to the background and reducing the number of queries executed
Over the course of the past three years, I worked on various aspects as part of the ClickFunnels team. I helped upgrade the experience of Stripe from the Charges API to the PaymentIntent and SetupIntent API to support 3DS. I also worked with the new editor team to add new features to the CF2 Editor. I helped fix a tool—Funnelimages.com—and brought it closer to production. Finally, I worked on analyzing and fixing various bugs in both CF1 and CF2 applications.
I worked with Kwara to help add various new features to the application and bring some new architecture changes to the code structure. Some of the features I worked on:
• A load module to complete the loan application and help autocomplete loans when payments meet up;
• Set up the notifications to be received on various steps of different applications like loans and savings accounts.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), OAuth 2
REST APIs, Stripe, Facebook API, Twilio API, Salesforce API, SendGrid API, Stripe API, PayPal API, JSON API, Highcharts, jQuery
RESTful Development, Agile, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Testing
Android, Heroku, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), New Relic
Task Analysis, Code Review, GoDaddy, Domain DNS Setup, APIs, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Analytics, OWASP Top 10, Fintech
AWS Deployment, Spree, Postman, RSpec
Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science
Thapar University - Punjab, India