Verified Expert in Engineering
Awais is a well-rounded professional with a master's degree in robotics and computer vision. Over the last ten years, he helped over 200 small and medium-sized businesses convert their simple ideas into real-life products. Awais started as a 3D CAD engineer with a gradual shift towards robotics, embedded systems, machine learning, computer vision, and data science. He has a vast diversity of skills, with a particular interest in AI-based web back ends and vision-driven robots.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is 2 DOF robot for defect detection and classification using robotics, machine learning, computer vision, Python, electronics, and GUI.
- Developed an app that can be used to make automated contact with multiple businesses based on keywords. The work involved Google JSON API to search and use AI-based Python scripting to shortlist the relevant forms intelligently.
- Planned, developed, and deployed a scalable solution that handles millions of search requests daily.
- Worked on developing an app that had over 2000 subscribers signing up for early access in the first week.
- Developed a desktop app that allows inventory management of jewelry items. Functions added involved addition, deletion, and updation of items with 10–15 fields. The app was developed in Python.
- Developed the GUI in PyQt5. The app involved replicating a GUI from a Figma-based concept. GUI was developed exactly as per the client's desire, and he was very happy with the results.
- Added various forms of filtering and sorting methods to the app that allowed filtration by categories, designers, status, and dates. The app was also able to sort by price and ID.
- Integrated some special features in the app, including five consecutive backups and scheduled database backups weekly. The app also included drag-and-drop functionality for images.
- Developed an algorithm that allows the storage of robot-based bins in a very compact warehouse. The algorithm was implemented in Python.
- Developed interdependent algorithms to calculate the ideal path for moving a robot from one place to another while displacing other robots with minimum possible movements.
- Generalized the algorithm to take a grid of any size. The algorithm was developed in a parametric form that allowed the scaling of the algorithm to any grid size or any situation.
- Developed a GUI-based interactive simulator that allows inputting multiple grid sizes in which the movement of robots takes place. The simulator was developed in PyQt5.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Online Freelancing Agency
- Developed a remotely operated multi-channel DSLR camera control system with Raspberry Pi installed at the nodes, ESP32 as wireless hardware, and Python desktop app as control panel.
- Built golf training hardware that strikes the balls in front of the golfer based on sensory inputs received by the machine and completed mechanical design and electronic development of the product.
- Programmed a React Native mobile app with Node.js back end, which interfaces with a remote ESP32-based camera while using AWS IoT MQTT broker as a communication pipeline.
- Developed control hardware and algorithms for tracking solar panels.
- Created a series of software-operated toys for a client.
R&D Project Manager
The National University of Sciences and Technology
- Developed and led a project with dynamic small arms targets capable of detecting bullet hits using piezoelectric sensors. A desktop application was designed to control the overall system and monitor firing results.
- Built control and monitoring system for 8x8 feet pop-up targets powered by solar panels with remote monitoring from a desktop application. Wireless connectivity was enabled over 48 target nodes spanning over 6km in a desert environment.
- Programmed two degrees of freedom (DOF) robot capable of defect detection and classification in hollow cylindrical surfaces using a single computer vision and deep learning algorithm.
- Developed a simulator for UR5e robot, a six DOF robotic arm, using Simscape Multibody toolbox, Simulink, and MATLAB GUI designer.
- Developed various steel bridge and staircase designs that conform to the safety regulations in New Zealand.
- Designed platforms with standardized connections and beams based on the expected loads.
- Contributed to the parts library held with the company with optimized solid edge models and assemblies.
Defects Detection and Classification in Hollow Cylindrical Surfaceshttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0263224122010363?CMX_ID=&SIS_ID=&dgcid=STMJ_AUTH_SERV_PUBLISHED&utm_acid=262277809&utm_campaign=STMJ_AUTH_SERV_PUBLISHED&utm_in=DM294062&utm_medium=email&utm_source=AC_
Contact Bot AIhttps://contactbot.ai/
Neural Network Trainer
Face Unlocked Smart Locker System
A demonstration of the prototype can be seen in the following URL:
Qt, Django, Bootstrap, GStreamer
Django ORM, NumPy, Pandas, PyQt, PyQt 5, Python API, REST APIs, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Keras, Matplotlib, Amazon Rekognition, React, Node.js
SOLIDWORKS, MATLAB, CAD, Creo, C#.NET WinForms, PCB Layout, MATLAB Neural Network Toolbox, AWS Deployment, Solid Edge, MQTT, Boto 3, Boto, CMake, Makefile
Mechanical Design, Desktop App Development, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Microservices, Automation, REST, Azure DevOps
Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Django CMS, Embedded Linux, AWS IoT, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Anaconda, AWS Lambda, Linux
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics, 3D CAD, Sensor Networks, Arduino IDE, Mechanical Engineering, Controls, ARM, Inverse Kinematics, API Integration, APIs, Scripting, Electronics, PCB Design, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Image Processing, GUI, Deep Learning, Software, Firmware, IP Networks, IP Cameras, Graphical User Interface (GUI), Web Servers, Web Scraping, Microcontrollers, PCB, Physics, Scraping, User Interface (UI), Full-stack, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Web Development, ANSYS, Mechatronics, Wireless Systems, 3D Design, Steel Structure, Coding, Neural Networks, Deep Neural Networks, PCB Functional Testing, Algorithms, Data Management, Desktop App Design, PLC
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Database Management Systems (DBMS), Amazon DynamoDB
Master's Degree in Mechatronics Engineering
The National University of Sciences and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The National University of Sciences & Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP)