Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
Aymen has worked for 6+ years as a data scientist, machine learning engineer, and consultant. He has worked in many industries, including finance, advertising, and online marketplaces. He greatly enjoys using machine learning and statistics to build state-of-the-art and efficient solutions. He holds an M.S. in computational engineering from Harvard University and a master's degree in applied/theoretical mathematics from Ecole Centrale Paris.
Git, Atom, Jupyter, Python, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a system using machine learning and statistics to predict 911 calls at the street level in the Boston area.
Machine Learning Consultant
- Developed an innovative classification algorithm, using online learning, to predict the advertisers’ conversion rates and automate bidding strategies.
Data Scientist, Ad Serving Team
- Worked on display advertising, applying machine learning and reinforcement learning techniques to the problem of predicting click-through-rate.
- Implemented a dynamic A/B testing platform that allowed thousands of A/B tests to run in parallel.
- Used Bayesian Statistics and Thompson Sampling to redesign second-price auction rules and A/B testing decisioning.
Machine Learning Consultant
- Built the first version of the matching engine from scratch using graph theory. This system recommends newly posted projects to MBA students on the platform and vice-versa.
- Ran market analysis to identify lags between offer (projects) and demand (MBA students' expertises).
Consultant in the Statistical Learning Team
- Developed a system in R recommending the best marketing means to reach each new customer on the website.
- Conducted analysis to build customer groups using unsupervised and supervised learning techniques.
Assistant Trader and Structurer
UBS Investment Bank
- Built a prototype tool that dynamically rebuilt a collateral portfolio using the risk of default analysis.
- Assisted the secured funding team in creating new products by running forecast tests and coming up with.
- Completed ROI and value propositions.
- Priced primary/secondary quotes and hedged currency strategies.
Cornell University, CFEM
- Implemented a multi-agent system based on Ask/Bid and PnL data analysis simulating a stable financial market.
- Worked under the supervision of Dr. Sasha Stoikov, Head of Research at CFEM.
SQL, Python, Java, R, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), C++, J
Scikit-learn, Pandas, Matplotlib, Spark ML, TensorFlow, Keras, REST APIs
Jupyter, IPython, Git, Apache Airflow, Atom
Data Science, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Eclipse, MacOS, Linux, Docker, OS X
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
A/B Testing, Mathematics, Analytics, Big Data, Bayesian Statistics, Advertising, Machine Learning, Vowpal Wabbit, Google BigQuery, Unsupervised Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Reinforcement Learning, Finance, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Models, Recommendation Systems, Graph Theory, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Clustering, Time Series Analysis
Master of Science Degree in Computational Science and Engineering
Harvard University - Massachusetts
Master's Degree in Applied and Theoretical Mathematics
Ecole Centrale Paris - Paris, France
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, Physics
Marcelin Berthelot Preparatory Classes - Paris, France