Senior Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTClark
- Improved the technical design behind A/B experiments performed by product teams, leading to faster release cycles.
- Owned several feature releases ensuring proper breakdown into tasks, making reasonable trade-offs, and planning upcoming maintenance.
- Collaborated with the release teams multiple times, ensuring continuous delivery and quick resolution of any bugs that may be blocking master.
Software Engineer2018 - 2020Escale Solutions
- Worked as the sole back-end developer on 5+ projects, ranging from a gamified social network (ManScore) to media streaming (ScriptDoor), some of which have handled 1,000+ requests per minute.
- Delivered high and low-level design, database modeling, RESTful APIs, deployment, and maintenance of client products.
- Implemented a wallet-based (token) payment system. The tokens were created in the form of real-world currency notes in order to keep track of the lifecycle of each token issued on the platform.
- Used database serialization to handle concurrency in a multithreaded environment.
- Headed a team of 10+ developers and mentored junior members. Conducted daily Scrum meetings, code reviews, project onboarding, and resource management.
- Provided technical insights to clients, facilitating better product development and ensuring mutual profitability.
Co-founder2016 - 2018Farad Books
- Worked as the sole back-end developer and was responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining the full-stack application.
- Built a book recommendation engine that combined user behavior, book genres, and tags, generated with IBM Watson. This resulted in an approximate 70% reduction in the user pre-checkout browsing time.
- Automated daily inventory updates by hooking distributor email attachments (Excel spreadsheets) to our system. This saved 20+ minutes every day and ensured the availability of the most recent data.
- Led the marketing division of our startup and onboarded 200+ paying subscribers.
- Studied customer behavior and introduced the "Keep a Book" feature, which allowed customers to buy the books they borrowed and was a key factor in increasing revenue by 150% and reducing dead inventory by 40%.