Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTFuboTV
Technologies: Kotlin, Java, Android, Android TV, AOSP, Android SDK, Digital Rights Management (DRM), Dash, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), H.264, x264
- Worked as the tech lead of the Android playback team and made core engineering decisions on several platforms, including Android mobile, Fire TV, and Android TV.
- Implemented the Android stream playback using ExoPlayer.
- Investigated the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) video technology internals and the source code of several video-related projects like x264.
- Wrote a series of blog posts on Android inter-process communication (IPC) internals during spare time.
Software Application Engineer2014 - 2020Yahoo!
Technologies: Android, Java, Kotlin, Android TV, Android SDK, AOSP, Go, Linux, C, C++, RxJava, Retrofit, Room, Moshi, Protobuf, JUnit, Mockito, MockK
- Architected and built Yahoo Finance Android app using Java and Kotlin and implemented various unit test facilities.
- Built Yahoo Finance TV apps from scratch and published them on Android and Fire TV platforms.
- Hosted Android tech talk sessions about Android app development and Android internals to help the team better understand the Android platform.
- Investigated AOSP and Linux kernel internals during my spare time to maintain an architecture perspective of Android systems and help solve some tricky tech issues in the company.
- Built a continuous integration back-end service for several Yahoo Android projects using Go and Appetize.io. This service automatically creates an Android emulator running the code in any GitHub pull request.