Lead iOS Developer and Architect2018 - PRESENTMetaCardio
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, Firebase, Fastlane
- Interviewed the client and gathered requirements.
- Determined which platform to target for the MVP.
- Created MVP requirements and determined project estimates and time.
- Created an iOS application from scratch, creating project architecture and development processes.
- Led the software development team and handled project management to finish the app within the created timeline.
Senior Mobile Engineer2018 - 2018Cooper Strategic
Technologies: React Native, iOS, Android
- Met daily with the team and clients to figure out requirements for a new project.
- Analyzed and understood key business requirements and turned those requirements into software features.
- Developed a plan for minimum viable product based off of feedback from client and business requirements.
- Took the MVP and created a detailed app structure and flow for users to help create a road map of features and functionality.
- Took the MVP/roadmap and estimated the total cost of the project and helped deliver user stories, project plans, and total project length and resources.
Lead iOS Developer2018 - 2018GigSmart
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, CircleCI
- Analyzed the existing codebase to estimate how long the project will take to get to the App Store.
- Fixed major architectural issues that were causing major code instability.
- Fixed major Core Location issues causing battery performance issues.
- Integrated into an existing enterprise software team to help meet the deadline.
- Joined existing teams' daily standup meetings and performed just like an existing resource and was up to speed writing code on the first day of the project's start.
Senior iOS Engineer2018 - 2018Token Drop
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, CircleCI
- Created the base architecture for an app so we can easily expand features while maintaining code quality.
- Set up a build machine to automate builds and uploads to iTunes Connect.
- Wrote awesome code that is easily understandable.
- Implemented analytics and push notifications.
- Created awesome animations to improve user interactions.
Senior iOS Engineer2016 - 2018Accent Technology
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, Salesforce iOS SDK
- Created an admin app that allowed updates to the end user's app for a custom experience depending on the client's needs.
- Used best practices to create a project that is easily maintainable and scalable.
- Integrated with the existing team to create high-quality apps.
- Migrated projects to support the latest version of Swift.
- Updated apps to support iOS 10.
- Integrate salesforce into their existing iOS app to pull and then create visualizations.
- Utilized salesforce mobile SDK to authenticate users.
- Used Salesforce Object Query Language to pull custom data set down for users to analyze sales process and performance.
Senior iOS Engineer2015 - 2017Zugata (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, Cocoa Touch
- Took the existing codebase and brought quality and standards up to an enterprise level.
- Worked with the existing team to integrate the API.
- Created new features that increased the user base.
- Created build automation tools that streamlined the deployment process.
- Created automated testing that reduced bugs.
Senior iOS Engineer2016 - 2016Emirates Group (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, Core Data
- Supported the existing iOS team in building out difficult features for the new Emirates app.
- Utilized SVGKit to create an interactive map that allows for offline location lookup.
- Created a custom scroll view that displays membership rewards with custom animation.
- Successfully integrated into a team eleven hours ahead of my current time zone.
- Worked with NSNotificationCenter to sync local core data with a server.
Senior iOS Developer2016 - 2016GLOBL (via Toptal)
Technologies: Twitter API, Swift, iOS
- Updated the project to Swift 2.2.
- Fixed existing project crashes that were causing low app store ratings.
- Updated the app to iOS 9.3 and Swift 2.2.
- Utilized Twitter to find periscope URL and grab the stream URL. Once we had the periscope data, we were able to display live streams.
- Fixed performance issues.
Senior iOS Engineer2015 - 2015Poq Studio (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, Cocoa Touch
- Led a team in building a Swift-based iOS application.
- Built an API framework that communicates with the back-end server.
- Worked with an international team distributed in different time zones, maintaining excellent communication.
- Used unit tests and test-driven development to maintain bug-free code.
- Maintained high code standards with code review.
Senior iOS Engineer2014 - 2015Roomi (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, Parse, Firebase
- Rebuilt an existing app by creating a scalable foundation that allows for the app to be easily updatable.
- Integrated S3 image uploads for room listings.
- Created a live-time chat client.
- Led a team of developers and created best practices for development.
- Deployed a custom analytics solution to monitor user activity.
iOS Developer2014 - 2014Rocksauce Studios
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Xcode, Storyboards, Size classes, Auto Layout, Cocoa Touch, Parse, HTML5, CSS3
- Developed mobile applications specializing in native and HTML5 app development.
- Troubleshot existing projects to fix major functionality and crash issues.
- Implemented crash and analytic SDKs, allowing app owners to see live app issues and usage.
- Utilized social frameworks to create apps that allowed users to share with their friends and grow the app's user base.
- Created apps using Parse, allowing for rapid app development.
Lead Front-end Developer2012 - 2014Seven Tablets
Technologies: Objective-C, Xcode, Cocoa Touch, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Compass, Sencha Touch, jQuery, Ruby on Rails, PhoneGap
- Created Android and iOS apps using native code as well as HTML5, CSS3, and PhoneGap to deliver cross-platform apps depending on business requirements and budgets.
- Led a team of front-end developers.
- Created custom REST APIs using Ruby on Rails to communicate with iOS and Android apps.
- Helped deploy back-end systems on both Amazon EC2 and Heroku.
- Deployed a continuous integration process utilizing Git that allowed our team to rapidly develop applications.
- Helped create a code review process that improved code quality and app stability.
Lead Web Developer2011 - 2012VRP
Technologies: .NET, PHP, Magento, Ecomerty, ASP.NET Storefront
- Created and maintained eCommerce websites for VRP.
- Built custom Magento plugins to allow for a single-page checkout process, converting 20% better than the usual four-page Magento checkout.
- Ran server support for Rackspace instances.
- Optimized sites for mobile experience.
- Successfully integrated a .NET ERP system to communicate with the PHP/Magento-based website, where orders had previously been entered manually.
Lead Mobile and Web Developer2010 - 2011Web Dev Designs
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Xcode, .NET, Umbraco, C#
- Created the Motel 6 iPhone app.
- Built custom websites for companies using Umbraco and .NET.
- Programmed a custom back-end to communicate with Sabre's Travel API.