- Senior iOS EngineerAccent Technology2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Swift, Xcode
- Created an admin app that allowed updates to the end user's app for a custom experience depending on the client's needs.
- Used best practices to create a project that is easily maintainable and scalable.
- Integrated with the existing team to create high-quality apps.
- Migrated projects to support the latest version of Swift.
- Updated apps to support iOS 10.
- Senior iOS EngineerZugata (via Toptal)2015 - 2017
Technologies: Swift, Cocoa Touch
- Took the existing code base and brought quality and standards up to an enterprise level.
- Worked with the existing team to integrate the API.
- Created new features that increased the user base.
- Created build automation tools that streamlined the deployment process.
- Created automated testing that reduced bugs.
- Senior iOS EngineerEmirates Group (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, Core Data
- Supported the existing iOS team in building out difficult features for the new Emirates app.
- Utilized SVGKit to create an interactive map that allows for offline location lookup.
- Created a custom scroll view that displays membership rewards with custom animation.
- Successfully integrated into a team eleven hours ahead of my current time zone.
- Worked with NSNotificationCenter to sync local core data with a server.
- Senior iOS DeveloperGLOBL (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Twitter API, Swift, iOS
- Updated the project to Swift 2.2.
- Fixed existing project crashes that were causing low app store ratings.
- Updated the app to iOS 9.3 and Swift 2.2.
- Utilized Twitter to find periscope URL and grab the stream URL. Once we had the periscope data, we were able to display live streams.
- Fixed performance issues.
- Senior iOS EngineerPoq Studio (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: Swift, Cocoa Touch
- Led a team in building a Swift-based iOS application.
- Built an API framework that communicates with the back-end server.
- Worked with an international team distributed in different time zones, maintaining excellent communication.
- Used unit tests and test-driven development to maintain bug-free code.
- Maintained high code standards with code review.
- Senior iOS EngineerRoomi (via Toptal)2014 - 2015
Technologies: Objective-C, Parse, Firebase
- Rebuilt an existing app by creating a scalable foundation that allows for the app to be easily updatable.
- Integrated S3 image uploads for room listings.
- Created a live-time chat client.
- Led a team of developers and created best practices for development.
- Deployed a custom analytics solution to monitor user activity.
- iOS DeveloperRocksauce Studios2014 - 2014
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Xcode, Storyboards, Size classes, Auto Layout, Cocoa Touch, Parse, HTML5, CSS3
- Developed mobile applications specializing in native and HTML5 app development.
- Troubleshot existing projects to fix major functionality and crash issues.
- Implemented crash and analytic SDKs, allowing app owners to see live app issues and usage.
- Utilized social frameworks to create apps that allowed users to share with their friends and grow the app's user base.
- Created apps using Parse, allowing for rapid app development.
- Lead Front-end DeveloperSeven Tablets2012 - 2014
Technologies: Objective-C, Xcode, Cocoa Touch, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Compass, Sencha Touch, jQuery, Ruby on Rails, PhoneGap
- Created Android and iOS apps using native code as well as HTML5, CSS3, and PhoneGap to deliver cross-platform apps depending on business requirements and budgets.
- Led a team of front-end developers.
- Created custom REST APIs using Ruby on Rails to communicate with iOS and Android apps.
- Helped deploy back-end systems on both Amazon EC2 and Heroku.
- Deployed a continuous integration process utilizing Git that allowed our team to rapidly develop applications.
- Helped create a code review process that improved code quality and app stability.
- Lead Web DeveloperVRP2011 - 2012
Technologies: .NET, PHP, Magento, Ecomerty, ASP.NET Storefront
- Created and maintained eCommerce websites for VRP.
- Built custom Magento plugins to allow for a single-page checkout process, converting 20% better than the usual four-page Magento checkout.
- Ran server support for Rackspace instances.
- Optimized sites for mobile experience.
- Successfully integrated a .NET ERP system to communicate with the PHP/Magento-based website, where orders had previously been entered manually.
- Lead Mobile and Web DeveloperWeb Dev Designs2010 - 2011
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Xcode, .NET, Umbraco, C#
- Created the Motel 6 iPhone app.
- Built custom websites for companies using Umbraco and .NET.
- Programmed a custom back-end to communicate with Sabre's Travel API.