Verified Expert in Engineering
Bartlomiej is a true enthusiast for unsolved problems. He is a full-stack developer with more than 15 years of professional experience. Bartlomiej enjoys working with people, is not afraid of changes, is very good at interpersonal skills, and is always open to new challenges.
Git, IntelliJ, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was Fly3D routing between any points on a map.
Chromecast and TypeScript Developer
Dolby Laboratories - Main
- Maintained an old app for NBC for Chromecast and added new features.
- Architected a new app for NBC for Chromecast integrated with the SKY player.
- Launched the new app successfully in 2022, replacing the old app.
- Worked on an XCD project to speed up downloading a movie and provide much better stability using three different CDN servers. This was done to overcome any potential failure of any two random servers.
- Developed HBO Max for different platforms (TV, boxes), integrating a video player.
- Implemented the OIPF player for TV and integrated it with an existing player.
- Added a pre-caching movie that users can potentially watch to speed up the start time of the video.
- Architected and refactored many elements of HBO Max.
Lyra Entertainment Inc.
- Created and designed the back end, database, and front end for a new music and video streaming app.
- Created an admin panel back end and front end with the possibility of converting music and video and uploading automatically to Amazon S3.
- Managed front-end development, helping recruit developers and perform code reviews.
- Set up all infrastructure, initially on dedicated servers, and later migrated to AWS.
LightStep (via Toptal)
- Released stable tracing version 1.0 and experimental for metrics.
- Reviewed many PR from many different contributors.
- Created all main plugins for the web and also many plugins for Node.js.
Infinity Lending Systems (via Toptal)
- Created the front-end prototype for a new payment system using TypeScript, Angular 8, and Angular Materials.
- Created a standalone component for taking payments that can be embedded into any website.
Reddit (via Toptal)
- Created a video module for the admin panel for approving videos. The video module supported different filters, generating thumbnails without a back end.
FastSwims (via Toptal)
- Built a working product from scratch to organize swimming competitions in the USA.
- Created a whole back end using Node.js and Sequelize.
- Created a front-end SPA using React, Redux, and Saga.
- Integrated with payment systems and Mixpanel analytics.
- Created converters for swimming results that comply with USA Swimming Data Interchange format.
- Created auto import of swimming results from an external web page.
- Created a Video.js plugin for WebRTC livestreaming video integrated with Wowza Servers.
- Created DOWNStream for Electron, an open-source project for downloading DASH movies.
- Created a desktop app for downloading movies based on Electron and React.
- Worked on ongoing development of PRESTOPlay for browsers.
- Implemented smooth streaming.
- Created a video tracking plugin for Video.js.
- Integrated analytics for "conviva" and "nice people at work."
- Implemented Chromecast sender and receiver.
- Created util for processing subtitles which were images using canvas and then to be able to change the color of subtitles.
Freelance Node.js Developer
Slash-hyphen (via Toptal)
- Added a few new features to a Slack bot.
Placester (via Toptal)
- Created a Node.js service for importing contacts.
- Created a new extendable modal.
- Integrated with Localytics.
- Created a module for partner scripts so that they can inject HTML fragments and custom scripts.
- Fixed many bugs and improved stability in the admin panel.
Owner and Freelance Developer
- Developed an AngularJS app for file sharing.
- Worked on presentations for a mobile conference.
- Worked on video and audio streaming based on Node.js and DynamoDB.
- Worked on a document data flow app, using Node.js and AngularJS.
- Created a finance report and statistics web app using Node.js, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, and HighCharts.
- Worked on a new responsive web app for ING Bank Śląski using Marionette, Backbone, and Node.js.
Freelance Senior Front-end Developer
ConsumerAffairs.com (via Toptal)
- Created a vanilla JS library for for toggling and shuffling elements on the page.
- Improved the build process using Gulp, Jasmine unit tests, and documentation using JSDoc.
- Integrated with Segment.io and Mixpanel.
- Used a TypeForm to collect data about pet quizzes and then presented aggregated data on a custom SVG chart.
- Refactored campaign pages and brand pages.
- Optimized the generation of emails using improved SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Built a pure CSS solution for star ratings.
- Refactored the Ouibounce library (exit intent) to work on mobile, also adding some improvements.
- Integrated action forms.
FindTheBest (via Toptal)
- Created a prototype app using AngularJS.
- Integrated with family search API using a third-party SDK.
- Created an HTML text editor in vanilla JS.
- Prototyped an e-learning platform using Java and HTML5.
- Prototyped using Mockflow.com.
Nokia Gate 5
- Developed a build stats tool for Jenkins in Python.
- Tested with Jasmine, JBehave, and Cucumber.
- Applied continuous integration using Jenkins, Maven, and Puppet.
- Helped develop a search module for over 500 domains.
- Developed a multi-threading service for domain search using C# IIS.
- Developed an administration panel for office support.
- Developed a payment gateway with credit cards, using REST and C#.
- Used Mono framework.
Where Are You Now
- Developed geolocations—a map point and Google Maps—creating a new database for towns from all over the world.
- Developed contact imports from an address book, optimizing an existing mechanism.
- Implemented full search using Visual Basic and MS SQL.
- Developed Carbon Footprint, calculating the amount of GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions caused directly and indirectly by traveling around the globe.
- Developed Friends Book, a module for keeping in touch with friends. Implemented many changes and optimizations.
Where Are You Now
- Worked on integration with third parties using web services and SOAP.
Owner and Freelance Developer
- Built client/server applications for managing documents flows between architects, such as time sheets, costs, reminders, reports, LAN chat, and progress for each project, using Delphi and dBase.
- Programmed applications to generate statistics for the National Lottery. Used Delphi and dBase.
- Developed a client/server application for managing and controlling the computers in an Internet Café. Used Delphi, TCP/IP, and UDP.
- Built an application for managing a cemetery, using Delphi and dBase.
Agryf S.A. - Animex Group
- Created reports with a custom app, implemented with Delphi, dBase, and Firebird.
- Made reports for various departments, using Delphi, dBase, Firebird, and Oracle 8i.
- Administrated the company network, using Novell, DHCP, and SSH.
- Developed a dedicated application for reading wages using Assembly, PASCAL, and dBase.
- Developed various small apps using Delphi and dBase.
- Performed server administration in Novell, UNIX, Oracle, and Informix.
IT Technician, Software Developer
- Built new workstations.
- Helped with computer software and harder IT tasks.
- Developed a desktop app for updating warehouse, in Delphi and MySQL.
• Document load
• User interactions
Video Admin Module
Tech stack: TypeScript, React, Redux, Canvas
WebRTC Video Chat
PRESTOPlay for Browsers
DOWNStream for Electronhttps://github.com/castlabs/downstream_electron
Responsive Web App for ING Bank Śląski
Family Tree Builder
Video Live Streaming
Back-end tech: Node.js, AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon SDK, EC2, Powershell, DynamoDB, FFMpeg, Wowza
Front-end tech: Angular, HTML5, Canvas, AudioContext, FFMpeg, Web sockets, Web workers
Document Data Flow
Finance Reports and Statistics
Danish Domain Registrarhttp://web-solutions.eu/
I created and designed some electronic devices, which you could connect in clusters of up to 8. Six of them were similar to on/off switches, and two also had possibilities to change the power.
This electronic device cluster was plugged into computers using parallel ports, and windows-based application were able to manage those 8 devices. There were several possibilities for automatic management, including randomized signals. The main idea was to protect the user's home against burglars while he was away.
I received the "Technician of the Year" state award in Poland for this project, in 2000.
Technologies: C++, Bascom, Assembler, Dbase, Protel, Circuit Simulator
Video.js, Jasmine, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Jinja, Ionic, JBehave, Express.js, Yii, Redux, Angular Material, Angular, Electron, Lightning Components, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP, Django, Hibernate, Spring, Mono, Thymeleaf, Jest
jQuery, Node.js, REST APIs, WebRTC, Redux-Saga, Shaka Player, HTML5 Web Workers, React, Backbone.Marionette, Underscore.js, Backbone.js, EPPlus, Handlebars, Highcharts, Typeform.io, Marionette.js, Google Cast API, Puppet.js, Amazon API, React Redux, Nginx-rtmp, WebGL
Webpack, Git, Stylus, IntelliJ IDEA, Gulp, Slack, GitHub, Karma, Bower, Mercurial, Grunt, Sequelize, Jira, Apache, Puppet, Subversion (SVN), Splunk, Varnish, Microsoft Visual Studio, OpenVPN, Novell NetWare, IntelliJ, Google Analytics, CircleCI, Branch.io, Emacs, Canvas, Botkit, Wowza, Adobe Photoshop, Apache Maven, Eclipse IDE, NGINX, Visio
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Scrum, Design Patterns, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Web Architecture, Database Design, Testing, RESTful Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), E2E Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Development (CD), Agile, MEAN Stack
MacOS, iOS, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Linux, Debian Linux, Tizen, Oracle, Unix, OS X, Mixpanel, Azure, Web, Windows, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Music Streaming
PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Architecture, Firebird, IBM Informix, Amazon DynamoDB, Memcached, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL
HTML5 Video, Media Source Extensions, Encrypted Media Extensions (EME), Web App Development, Code Architecture, Architecture, RESTful Web Services, Full-stack, Web Development, Over-the-top Content (OTT), Software Architecture, Chromecast, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Smooth Streaming, Video Streaming, UI Testing, UI Frameworks, Team Leadership, Smart TV, Lighting, IIS, Test Cases, Ajax, Web Services, HTTP, SMTP, SOAP, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, Ethernet, JSDoc, Sagas, Relational Database Services (RDS), UX Architecture, Scraping, Technical Leadership, Analytics, Computer Science, Electronics, Streaming, Digital Rights Management (DRM), OIPF, Solid.js, Front-end, MPEG-DASH, Widevine
Master's Degree in Computer Science and Econometrics
University Of Szczecin - Szczecin, Poland
College Degree in Electronics
Technical School in Slupsk (College) - Slupsk, Poland