Lead Flutter Developer2021 - 2022Publicis Sapient
Technologies: Flutter, Dart, Leadership, Mobile UI, APIs
- Developed a new digital banking app from zero to the production release.
- Led the team responsible for user registration and customer onboarding.
- Implemented a custom framework to manage the registration process based on configuration files.
Flutter Expert2020 - 2022Dropsource (via Toptal)
Technologies: Dart, Firebase, Flutter, Mobile UX
- Implemented a high-quality, cross-platform application in Flutter.
- Designed and implemented a data model stored in Firebase.
- Used an innovative tool in Flutter development: a library called Monarch.
Senior Android Developer2019 - 2021Remojo (via Toptal)
Technologies: SDKs, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Kotlin, Android
- Designed, developed, and published a porn blocking app.
- Provided training and helped after the project was in the maintenance stage.
- Launched the app from the idea through the PoC to the production app.
- Implemented AI-based service, detecting pornography on the user screen.
- Designed and implemented both client and cloud-side subscription payment systems integrated with Google Play APIs.
Android Tech Lead2016 - 2021SoftwareHut
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android, Flutter
- Worked as an Android team leader in a distributed remote team—developing complex fitness/personal health applications with multiple versions. Responsible for planning, developing, refactoring, and also mentoring team members.
- Added new features to a complex codebase, including Kotlin support, introducing the multi-module architecture, delivering the MVP, and later implementing an MVVM approach and data binding.
- Optimized a customer app that reduced startup time and retrieved tons of lost animation frames. Profiled and analyzed the app's network performance with the AT&T Video Optimizer.
- Refactored user-profile-related classes to use repository pattern—introducing a local cache and lazy sync mechanism using WorkManager.
- Designed the initial Android app boilerplate used for new projects, implementing the necessary configuration dependency injection, and ensuring it has common utilities and is unit test friendly. The project was open-sourced as a starter app.
- Worked as a tech lead of the Android department, responsible for recruitment, helping the sales team, and estimating and analyzing projects.
- Led a Flutter project for a Polish betting company; also designed and developed Android and iOS applications handling account verification, betting, and payments.
Senior Android Developer2015 - 2016Mewe.com
Technologies: Java, Android
- Implemented an emoji system before the EmojiCompact library was made public.
- Refactored a photo-stream module by introducing a new architecture and interfaces to reduce dependencies and simplify the codebase.
- Implemented the UI and backing logic for private and public groups.
- Optimized, implemented the new architecture, and reskinned all authorization and onboarding screens.
- Developed an internal framework for annotation-based widget coloring that was more maintainable than Android styles and could be updated in runtime.
Co-founder | Lead Developer2013 - 2016Chemik.io
- Designed a multi-platform, complex data model of chemical compounds (SQLite).
- Created a native Android and iOS app (Java, Objective-C).
- Developed several types of utility software to facilitate database management (Java FX and Node.js).
- Created a marketing-and-user-acquisition strategy.
- Built mini-games and connected them to Google Play Games Services.
Software Engineer | Team Leader2013 - 2015OwnedOutcomes
- Worked on multiple prototypes in a fast-changing, customer-oriented environment, specifically the US healthcare startup market.
- Developed a kiosk app for tablets (native Android); built a secure platform for performing patient screening and integrated the connectivity and security systems.
- Contributed to the build of Tangram Clock (mostly the UI): a native Android app for cognitive impairment screening.
- Built an internal framework for publishing patients' wellness screenings, written in GWT and Spring.
- Designed and worked as a part of a team on a web app for annual wellness visits (both the patient and doctor sides).
Database Developer2012 - 2013Tower Group
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SQL
- Created automated ETL jobs that filled out data warehouse with insurance claim information.
- Built an automated-reporting service to compare financial data before and after data migrations.
Junior Java Developer2011 - 2012GRC Solutions
Technologies: SAP, Spring, Microsoft SQL Server, CSS, XHTML, JSF, Java
- Designed and implemented a workflow management engine and was responsible for creating custom document acceptance flows.
- Implemented multiple features in GRC's workflow software which automated the document workflow system.
- Integrated a type of role-analysis software with SAP which red current user roles from the system and exported it to an internal database.