Software as a Service (SaaS) Developer
Barys is a full-stack software developer with a wide range of skills and production experience in a variety of areas. His primary programming language is Java. His analytical mind and perseverance allow him to dig into the details and find and resolve the cause of critical product bugs in a short amount of time. In addition to his development experience, he has also held leadership, entrepreneur, and researcher roles.
ExperienceSoftware as a Service (SaaS) - 10 yearsSpring Security - 10 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsElasticsearch - 6 yearsMicroservices Architecture - 6 yearsSpring Boot - 5 yearsDocker Compose - 3 yearsReact - 3 years
Apache Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse, IDEA IDE, Linux, Windows, SonarQube
The most amazing...
...project I’ve created was a traveler website for Belarus with accommodation and excursion booking that won the Belarus republican competition in 2018.
- Implemented SAML-based SSO login with multi-tenancy support in Codescan Cloud. It was its own implementation based on Spring Boot and Spring Security.
- Implemented SARIF reports in Codescan Cloud. This feature allows displaying code analysis results from Codescan inside GitHub repo.
- Enabled Static Application Security Testing (SAST) file reports in Codescan. This type of report allows displaying security vulnerabilities found by Codescan inside Gitlab directly.
- Improved maintainability of the product code by migrating from legacy Servlet APIs to Spring Boot architecture.
- Migrated product deployments from AWS ECS to Kubernetes, which helped improve the whole architecture's scalability and failover resistance.
- Implemented multi-worker features inside the SonarQube Compute Engine, which helped to solve a major bottleneck inside the multi-tenant architecture.
Senior Java Developer
CodeScan Enterprises LLC
- Implemented over 20 new static code analysis rules for Salesforce Apex, VisualForce, and Metadata languages.
- Migrated the core part of the product from Sonarqube 7.x to Sonarqube 8.5. I ported the old Organization features from SQ 7.x into SQ 8.5 UI, which are used for multi-tenancy in Codescan Cloud.
- Improved Salesforce Metadata parsing to fix memory errors caused by larger types. It helped to resolve code analysis failures for several big projects.
- Implemented CodeScan Cloud GitLab integration which helps to set up Gitlab repo analysis quickly via Codescan UI. It was one of the most wanted features from several clients.
- Enhanced the Codescan Apex Parser to support the new Safe Navigation Operator in the Apex language.
- Implemented a new Webhook integration type which brought important integration partners into Codescan Cloud (e.g., Copado). It significantly extended the number of customers using Codescan to analyze their code.
- Worked on creating ETL scripts for downloading and transforming various datasets into a common data schema within Presto and Hive data warehouse hosted on AWS.
- Maintained Pulumi deployment scripts to deploy new ETL scripts and Lambda functions on the AWS infrastructure.
- Tuned the Airflow scheduler to efficiently run DAGs with a big number of tasks.
- Wrote new table schemas in SQL for a Presto data warehouse.
- Created SQL scripts to check for data integrity and load marginal new data from the staging to the production database.
- Developed additional SQL views to make the data accessible to an end-user (for example, reporting the latest value from a dataset that reports date ranges or data versions).
- Created technical architecture of a web app, wrote functional requirements, and created UI mockups.
- Implemented an excursion search functionality on Elasticsearch.
- Provided SEO analysis and all product-related changes.
- Contributed to marketing strategies for the excursion online-booking functionality.
- Integrated a Bitrix24 CRM service into the booking workflow.
- Developed the full cycle for booking and paying local tours.
Street Maps (Self-employed)
- Installed the Nominatim web app and configured it to run regular updates of OSM data.
- Created an ingest microservice which parses the latest data from PostgresSQL storage and indexes it to Elasticsearch.
- Built a multi-lingual website to display the hierarchy of administrative division areas for each European country using Spring MVC with Thymeleaf views and OSM data.
- Provided SEO analysis and improvement to get more organic traffic for the website.
Chief Software Architect
- Led the work of the Jive Analytics team while working in the development team of the Jive product.
- Completed the migration from the legacy Instagram API to the Facebook Open Graph API.
- Created a Cloud dev environment for the product on Kubernetes, which consisted of more than 35 microservices.
- Configured a Jenkins environment for the feature development department used by more than 25 teams and 100+ engineers.
- Built Java code style guidelines for the feature development department.
- Configured Checkstyle and IDEA code formatting following the Java code style guidelines. Created tutorials on how to set up Checkstyle in Maven, Gradle Builds, and Jenkins Pipelines.
- Worked in a newly created centralized code quality team that was reviewing PRs of all company products to standardize coding standards.
Maven Jars (Self-employed)
- Created a microservice that regularly parses data from the central Apache Maven repository.
- Implemented an ingest microservice which indexes data about Maven jars into Elasticsearch.
- Developed a responsive front end using Spring MVC, Thymeleaf, Handlebars, and Bootstrap 4 to present information about Maven jars.
- Used GitHub API to display SCM information for Maven jars when their sources are stored in GitHub.
- Provided SEO analysis and code improvements to get as much organic traffic as possible for the newly created website mavenjars.com.
Software Engineering Manager
- Led four development teams and controlled the release cycles of products as a project manager.
- Managed the software development process using the Agile methodology.
- Created release notes and updated technical guides using Adobe FrameMaker software.
- Participated in meetings with clients, support team, and the CTO to discuss the most critical issues, and provided remote technical assistance.
- Led the knowledge transfer procedure of an ObjectStore product after its acquisition.
- Led the development team of the Gensym G2 Real-time Expert product.
- Prepared technical requirements for new product features.
- Configured CI builds on Jenkins and fixed build scripts to get them running on Windows.
- Contributed to monthly releases creation and release notes preparation.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Created an API-first microservice app to send personalized emails and SMS notifications to clients.
- Developed the authentication part in the Luma platform using the Spring Security library.
- Patched the Apache FOP library and fixed the Postscript renderer to get it to correctly calculate positions of full-page image backgrounds.
- Created a bunch of REST web services and integrated them into front-end components.
Senior Java Engineer
- Contributed to a big maintenance team that supported the ATG platform.
- Managed root cause analysis and bug fixing in ATG Web Commerce product.
- Worked on backporting bug fixes and minor features into previous ATG versions.
- Mentored junior software engineers and led internal courses about JPA and its practical usage in J2EE applications.
- Worked as a level 3 maintenance engineer on a web app that was a freight rate and carrier management solution.
- Managed CI and release cycles of the product, and worked on preparing release notes.
- Created new feature requirements and improvement proposals together with a business analyst.
Excursion Booking Website for Tourists in Belarus
Web App with Catalog of Saunas in Belarus Countryhttps://bani.by/sauny/minsk
I created the entire architecture of the app and implemented the back end with the Spring Boot framework, and implemented stored procedures on the PostgreSQL side.
SaaS Platform for Creating Code Work Spaces in Cloudhttps://www.devspaces.com
Technologies: Spring Boot, Amazon ECS, Amazon S3, Amazon ECR, GitHub API, Docker Compose, RESTful APIs, AngularJS
Microservice for Sending Personalized Emails
Technologies: Spring Framework, JavaMail, XSLT, JAXB, Apache FOP.
App to Build Analytical Reports in Google Spreadsheets using Jira Data
- Added a login screen to sign in with Google OAuth.
- Included a screen where the project manager enters the URL of the Google spreadsheet and sees the list of sheets that meet template requirements (special value in the first cell).
- Implemented the logic of querying data from Jira, transformation data, and loading into the selected Google spreadsheet.
- Added a CronJob to fill out spreadsheets on a scheduled basis.
Technologies: Spring Boot, Spring Security, Google OAuth, Jira, Jira REST API, Google API, Quartz, JHipster, Angular.
Technologies: ETL, Relational Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Java, C++, Linux, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP.
Data Extract and Transform Load
Technologies: Python, SQL, Apache Hive, Presto DB, XSLT, Bash, PowerShell, AWS CLI, Airflow.
AWS services: EC2, ECS, ECR, S3, RDS, EMR, IAM, SNS, SQS, SSM, CloudWatch.
Retrofit, Spring REST, JDBC, Google Gson, Jackson, JAXB, JAX-RS, SpringFox, Apache HttpClient, Jsoup, SLF4J, JSTL, JSR 310, AssertJ, React, React Redux, Retrofit 2, Jenkins Pipeline, Google Maps API, Google Drive API, Liquibase, JSON API, Google API, Google Places API, Google Maps, Quartz, REST APIs, Node.js, OpenWeatherMap, LeafletJS, GitHub API, Selenium API, Apache POI, iText, Handlebars, JSONP, React-Intl, jQuery, jQuery UI, Viber API, Jira REST API, Salesforce API, Yandex API, Yandex Maps API, PayPal API, Amazon MWS, Facebook Open Graph API, Bing API, YouTube API, ImageMagick, Reactstrap, Antd, Preact, Gmail API, Slack API, Auth0 API, OpenStreetMap API, JasperReports, Reactor, Bitbucket API
Boto 3, Apache Airflow, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, Apache Tomcat, NGINX, Apache Ant, Gradle, Apache Maven, GitHub, Bitbucket, ETI•Extract, MySQL Workbench, FullCalendar, CKEditor, PHP-FPM, MapStruct, Postman, Git, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Google Webmaster Tools, Flyway, Spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Keyword Planner, SonarQube, AWS SDK, Amazon CloudWatch, NPM, Xcode, Apache HTTP Server, Jetty, GeoNames, Azure DevOps Services, Composer, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Java Amazon SDK, Docker Compose, TestRail, TeamCity, Google Analytics, Kafka Streams, Auth0, IDEA IDE, ATG Web Commerce, CMake, Wowza, GitLab, Docker Swarm, Bing Webmaster
RESTful Development, Microservices Architecture, Unit Testing, REST, REST API Architecture, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Azure DevOps, ETL, E2E Testing, Responsive Layout, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, DevOps, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), ETL Implementation & Design, Functional Testing, Reactive Programming
Java EE, Drupal 7, Jive, Jakarta EE, Drupal 8, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Docker, Heroku, Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, Eclipse, Oracle, WebSphere, Salesforce, Drupal, IBM WebSphere, Zendesk, Apache Kafka
MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Spring Data JPA, Spring Data REST, Spring Data Elasticsearch, Spring Data MongoDB, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SlimPHP, Apache Hive, Oracle RDBMS, MongoDB, SQL Server 2010, Redis Cache, Oracle PL/SQL, Amazon Aurora, JBoss AS, Redshift, SQL Architecture
Hibernate Validators, RESTful Microservices, Apache Commons, log4j, Apache FOP, Project Lombok, CSV, Integration Testing, Axios, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Scraping, SaaS, Architecture, Software Architecture, Full-stack, Google Tag Manager, OAuth, JSON REST APIs, Amazon Route 53, APIs, API Integration, Lambda Functions, Undertow, OpenStreetMap, EclipseLink, ETL Tools, Logback, HTTP, HTTPS, Bitrix24, Web Analytics, AWS DevOps, Organic SEO, Google SEO, ETL Development, Software as a Service (SaaS), CRM APIs, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Software Design, Leadership, ESLint, Abstract Syntax Trees (AST), WebLogic, TCP, Adobe FrameMaker, Nominatim, Big Data, Pulumi, BEA WebLogic Server, Microsoft Azure, Chatbots, Viber Bots, Yandex.Direct, Amazon Kinesis, Slackbot, WebSockets, Reactive Streams, Salesforce Apex, Static Application Security Testing (SAST), CI/CD Pipelines, Multitenancy
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration and Law
Academy of Public Administration - Minsk, Belarus
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Belarusian State University - Minsk, Belarus
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
Belarusian State University - Minsk, Belarus