ETL Architect2020 - 2020Tether Energy
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pulumi's, AWS, Windows PowerShell, Bash, XSLT, Big Data, Presto DB, Apache Hive, Apache Airflow, SQL, Python
- Worked on creating ETL scripts for downloading and transforming various datasets into a common data schema within Presto and Hive data warehouse hosted on AWS.
- Maintained Pulumi deployment scripts to deploy new ETL scripts and Lambda functions on the AWS infrastructure.
- Tuned the Airflow scheduler to efficiently run DAGs with a big number of tasks.
- Wrote new table schemas in SQL for a Presto data warehouse.
- Created SQL scripts to check for data integrity and load marginal new data from the staging to the production database.
- Developed additional SQL views to make the data accessible to an end-user (for example, reporting the latest value from a dataset that reports date ranges or data versions).
Software Developer2016 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: Maven, NPM, React, MySQL, PHP 7, Drupal, REST, Elasticsearch, Java, Spring Boot
- Created technical architecture of a web app, wrote functional requirements, and created UI mockups.
- Implemented an excursion search functionality on Elasticsearch.
- Provided SEO analysis and all product-related changes.
- Contributed to marketing strategies for the excursion online-booking functionality.
- Integrated a Bitrix24 CRM service into the booking workflow.
- Developed the full cycle for booking and paying local tours.
Software Developer2019 - 2019Street Maps (Self-employed)
Technologies: NGINX, Bootstrap, Nominatim, PostgreSQL, OpenStreetMap API, Jsoup, Thymeleaf, Spring Boot, Java, Data Scraping
- Installed the Nominatim web app and configured it to run regular updates of OSM data.
- Created an ingest microservice which parses the latest data from PostgresSQL storage and indexes it to Elasticsearch.
- Built a multi-lingual website to display the hierarchy of administrative division areas for each European country using Spring MVC with Thymeleaf views and OSM data.
- Provided SEO analysis and improvement to get more organic traffic for the website.
Chief Software Architect2016 - 2019Aurea
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Maven, Jenkins, Docker, JPA, REST, Spring Security, Spring Boot, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, Amazon ECR (Amazon Elastic Container Registry), Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS Lambda, Java
- Led the work of the Jive Analytics team while working in the development team of the Jive product.
- Completed the migration from the legacy Instagram API to the Facebook Open Graph API.
- Created a Cloud dev environment for the product on Kubernetes, which consisted of more than 35 microservices.
- Configured a Jenkins environment for the feature development department used by more than 25 teams and 100+ engineers.
- Built Java code style guidelines for the feature development department.
- Configured Checkstyle and IDEA code formatting following the Java code style guidelines. Created tutorials on how to set up Checkstyle in Maven, Gradle Builds, and Jenkins Pipelines.
- Worked in a newly created centralized code quality team that was reviewing PRs of all company products to standardize coding standards.
Software Developer2018 - 2018Maven Jars (Self-employed)
Technologies: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), NGINX, Apache Maven, Bootstrap, Elasticsearch, Retrofit, Jsoup, Hibernate, MySQL, Spring Boot
- Created a microservice that regularly parses data from the central Apache Maven repository.
- Implemented an ingest microservice which indexes data about Maven jars into Elasticsearch.
- Developed a responsive front end using Spring MVC, Thymeleaf, Handlebars, and Bootstrap 4 to present information about Maven jars.
- Used GitHub API to display SCM information for Maven jars when their sources are stored in GitHub.
- Provided SEO analysis and code improvements to get as much organic traffic as possible for the newly created website mavenjars.com.
Software Engineering Manager2013 - 2016DevFactory
Technologies: TestRail, Adobe FrameMaker, Zendesk, Confluence, Jenkins, Jira, Salesforce
- Led four development teams and controlled the release cycles of products as a project manager.
- Managed the software development process using the Agile methodology.
- Created release notes and updated technical guides using Adobe FrameMaker software.
- Participated in meetings with clients, support team, and the CTO to discuss the most critical issues, and provided remote technical assistance.
- Led the knowledge transfer procedure of an ObjectStore product after its acquisition.
Technical Architect2011 - 2013DevFactory
Technologies: ActiveX, XML, TCP, C++, CMake, Java, Lisp
- Led the development team of the Gensym G2 Real-time Expert product.
- Prepared technical requirements for new product features.
- Configured CI builds on Jenkins and fixed build scripts to get them running on Windows.
- Contributed to monthly releases creation and release notes preparation.
Senior Full-stack Developer2009 - 2011Exadel
Technologies: ActionScript 3, Adobe Flex, Apache FOP, Hibernate, JPA, Jersey, JAX-RS, Spring Security, Java
- Created an API-first microservice app to send personalized emails and SMS notifications to clients.
- Developed the authentication part in the Luma platform using the Spring Security library.
- Patched the Apache FOP library and fixed the Postscript renderer to get it to correctly calculate positions of full-page image backgrounds.
- Created a bunch of REST web services and integrated them into front-end components.
Senior Java Engineer2007 - 2009EPAM
Technologies: Apache Ant, WebSphere, WebLogic, JSTL, JSP, ATG Web Commerce, Jakarta EE
- Contributed to a big maintenance team that supported the ATG platform.
- Managed root cause analysis and bug fixing in ATG Web Commerce product.
- Worked on backporting bug fixes and minor features into previous ATG versions.
- Mentored junior software engineers and led internal courses about JPA and its practical usage in J2EE applications.
Java Developer2006 - 2007EPAM
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle, JDBC, JSTL, JSP, Apache Struts, Java
- Worked as a level 3 maintenance engineer on a web app that was a freight rate and carrier management solution.
- Managed CI and release cycles of the product, and worked on preparing release notes.
- Created new feature requirements and improvement proposals together with a business analyst.