Front-end Engineer2016 - 2017Mercedes Benz USA (Contract)
Technologies: Node.js, Ember.js
- Served as a key collaborator in improving the performance of a large web application.
- Wrote detailed tests for each component added to the application.
- Code reviewed other members of the team.
- Maximized UI component reuse by unifying/generalizing UI component code and styles.
Web Developer2016 - 2017OnlyGrowth.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Shopify API, MongoDB, Node.js, Ember.js
- Decreased app payload by removing dead code and decreasing dependencies on third-party libraries.
- Set up a bug tracking system both on back-end and front-end to effectively monitor each release.
- Effectively used caching with Redis to minimize requests to the database.
- Introduced and followed Git-flow practice for the project. Made sure that each release follows SemVer versioning.
Web Developer2016 - 2016Timbuktutravel.com
Technologies: LeafletJS, Google Maps API, Ember.js
- Created pixel-perfect UI components according to design.
- Converted the entire project structure to Ember pods (even styles).
- Reviewed and made recommendations on pull requests from junior developers.
- Refactored Sass files to reduce duplicate styles and improve reuse.
- Worked on making UI components responsive and mobile-friendly.
Web Developer2015 - 2016Inprod.io
Technologies: Mirage, D3.js, Crossfilter, Ember.js, Emacs, Sass, Ember Data, DC.js
- Built a highly interactive multidimensional chart with Crossfilter and D3.js, which operated on a large set of data.
- Utilized promises and ES6 syntax to write clean, robust code.
- Wrote integration, acceptance, and unit tests for critical parts of the app utilizing Ember Mirage.
- Turned some parts of my work into an Ember add-on which was open-sourced (ember-slack-search-input).
- Improved the UI/UX of the app by adding custom UI elements and animations, which made the app cleaner and easier to use.
- Used heavily customized Ember data with custom adapters, serializers, and transformers.
- Created touring/onboarding for the app which showed all essential parts of the app.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Qliktag.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Bluebird, ImageMagick, AWS S3, JADE, MongoDB, Node.js, Backbone.js
- Refactored back-end code to utilize promises using Bluebird.js.
- Upgraded all outdated libraries through incremental adaptation of a new API.
- Improved the build system of front-end code to increase the speed of render time.
- Created image upload to S3 pipeline with image processing.
- Improved integration with S3 by using Node.js streams.
Ember.js Developer2015 - 2015Medify.co.uk (via Toptal)
Technologies: Emacs, Sass, D3.js, Ember.js
- Wrote acceptance tests using mock data with Ember Mirage.
- Utilized all Ember 2.x features to write clean and performant code.
- Developed interactive charts with D3.js.
- Set up continuous integration and delivery.
Front-end Engineer2013 - 2015OneTwoTrip.com
- Worked as a front-end engineer for multiple projects, including the mobile version of the site.
- Made a front-end build system based on Grunt used in production.
- Assisted in implementing authentication for the mobile version of a site.
- Created and tested HTML letters to work on all email clients using litmus.com.
- Assisted in creating a new product based on Ember.js.
- Worked with a distributed multinational team.
ActionScript Developer2012 - 2012uNapse
Technologies: GreenSock, Flash ActionScript
- Profiled ActionScript code to find and fix all bottleneck areas, slowing down the application.
- Refactored and optimized the code, replacing event-based flow with delegation.
- Utilized Greensock library to create complex animations.