Verified Expert in Engineering
Ben is a data scientist based in the New Orleans area with eight years professional experience. He likes finding creative solutions to business problems using a combination of math and programming. His toolset consists of R, Python, Excel, SQL, and a variety of machine learning techniques.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), TensorFlow, Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, SQL, Google Cloud, Python, R
The most amazing...
...system I developed was an automated alert system that identified under-valued tickets to concerts and events.
Data Scientist (Contractor)
- Developed a machine learning model to forecast ticket prices to concerts and sporting events.
- Developed a model to evaluate the fair market prices of tickets.
- Developed an autonomous system to collect, clean, and store ticket price and related data on a daily basis. This involved a combination of R, Python, SQL, and Google Cloud.
- Developed tools and analyses to aid in the management sale of over $15 million of tickets. In particular, I successfully overhauled my client's strategy for pricing tickets, helping them scale their business operations efficiently and profitably.
- Developed and implemented predictive models for insurance claim loss reserving.
- Developed a model to forecast claim loads by geography in order to aid in proactive hiring as the business expanded nationally.
- Developed a system of automated reports to monitor key performance metrics about the business health and employee performance.
Predicting Airbnb New User Bookingshttps://www.gormanalysis.com/projects/air-bnb-new-user-bookings/
R, Python, SQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Classification Algorithms, Regression Modeling, Forecasting, Sales Forecasting, Trend Forecasting, Product Forecasts, Pricing Strategy, Neural Networks, Image Recognition, Natural Language Processing (NLP), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics
University of New Orleans - New Orleans, Louisiana