- Managing Director2006 - PRESENTAzure Interactive, LLC
- Founded a web development, design, and technology consulting company, managing clients in both North America and the Greater China area.
- Managed staff both in Taiwan and abroad.
- Provided custom eCommerce, web design, and other development services geared toward small businesses.
- Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016Noodle Education, Inc.
Technologies: Django, Python, PostgreSQL
- Provided recommendations on architecture decisions and engineering best practices.
- Redesigned Noodle’s search architecture, improving reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Independently designed and developed command line tools to seamlessly manage developer interactions between environments.
- Developed and supported a versioned API, making Noodle’s search features more available both internally and to external partners.
- Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015Allclasses, Inc.
- Performed integrations with third-party data providers including Facebook and Yelp.
- Independently built the Allclasses iOS application, available on the App Store.
- Transitioned Allclasses to Elasticsearch and designed indexing strategies as well as back-end search code.
- Developed the API powering both the Allclasses website and iOS application.
- Lead Developer2013 - 2015Dressed Salads HK
Technologies: Python, Django, LESS, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL
- Designed and developed an web-based ordering system for all of Dressed's HK locations.
- Localized site content and layout to Chinese.
- Developed HTML5-based mobile applications for tablet/smartphone.
- Integrated payment processing features, handling almost $1M HKD worth of transactions within first six months after launch.
- Senior Developer2013 - 2014Construct Digital
Technologies: Python, Django, MySQL
- Developed core features for the Symplfy UAE car portal.
- Wrote external vendor integration tools via the SharePoint lists service API.
- Senior Developer2012 - 2014Bread Retail Software and Systems
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Analyzed DB performance issues and made query optimization and indexing recommendations, in many cases increasing performance by a factor of 10.
- Implemented DB replication for in-store POS and web-based ordering systems.
- Integrated automatic build and deployment processes.
- Administered several Linux-based servers, managing separate staging and production environments.
- VP of Engineering2011 - 2012Genie Capital, Ltd.
- Led a team of eight engineers in the development of Python-based, large-scale social networking software.
- Defined company-wide engineering best practices including source control, unit testing, build processes, project management, and code style.
- Worked within a Chinese-speaking team.
- Represented company at trade events both in Taiwan and abroad.
- Made key architecture and technology platform decisions.
- Developer2005 - 2006University of Michigan
Technologies: PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS
- Designed, developed, and maintained web-based tools designed to improve accessibility to engineering classroom facilities.
- Developed web-based software to record lectures and make streaming videos publicly available online.
- Redesigned the UM technology guide website, a directory of classroom technology facilities published for students and faculty.
- Troubleshot equipment failures and provided on-site support to university faculty.