- Managing DirectorAzure Interactive, LLC2006 - PRESENT
- Founded a small web development, design, and consulting company.
- Responsible for managing several clients.
- Provided custom ecommerce, web design, and other development services geared toward small businesses.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project such as proposals, design, development, project management, documentation, and support.
- Lead DeveloperDressed Salads HK2013 - 2015
Technologies: Python, Django, LESS, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL
- Designed and developed an web-based ordering system for all of Dressed's HK locations.
- Localized site content and layout to Chinese.
- Developed HTML5-based mobile applications for tablet/smartphone.
- Integrated payment processing features, handling almost $1M HKD worth of transactions within first 6 months after launch.
- Senior DeveloperConstruct Digital2013 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Django, MySQL
- Developed core features for the Symplfy UAE car portal.
- Wrote external vendor integration tools via the SharePoint lists service API.
- Senior DeveloperBread Retail Software and Systems2012 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Analyzed DB performance issues and made query optimization and indexing recommendations, in many cases increasing performance by a factor of 10.
- Implemented DB replication for in-store POS and web-based ordering systems.
- Integrated automatic build and deployment processes.
- Administered several linux-based servers, managing separate staging and production environments.
- VP of EngineeringGenie Capital, Ltd.2011 - 2012
- Led a team of 8 engineers in the development of Python-based, large-scale social networking software.
- Defined company-wide engineering best practices including source control, unit testing, build processes, project management, and code style.
- Worked within a Chinese-speaking team.
- Represented company at trade events both in Taiwan and abroad.
- Made key architecture and technology platform decisions.
- DeveloperUniversity of Michigan2005 - 2006
Technologies: PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS
- Designed, developed and maintained web-based tools designed to improve accessibility to engineering classroom facilities.
- Developed web-based software to record lectures and make streaming videos publicly available online.
- Redesigned the UM technology guide website, a directory of classroom technology facilities published for students and faculty.
- Troubleshot equipment failures and provided on-site support to university faculty.