Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Engineer and Developer
Ben is a quality assurance engineer and test lead with over five years of industry experience, including managing employees, test planning, and creating documentation and reports. He has built multiple automated test suites from scratch and understands core testing principles and processes. Over the last few years, Ben's responsibilities extended to creating quality assurance strategies and procedures, overseeing their implementation, and contributing to cross-team collaboration.
Slack, MacOS, WebdriverIO, Appium, UI Automation, API Testing, Manual Testing
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a new automation suite I wrote from scratch, reducing the run time from six hours to 14 minutes.
Senior Software Tester
- Rewrote the automation suite from scratch, which reduced the time from hours to minutes.
- Created documentation for best QA practices and ensured that they were followed. It covered strategy, test planning, and automation best practices.
- Collaborated with product managers and UX and software developers to give feedback on potential software improvements.
- Tested both the web and tablet applications manually.
- Wrote test cases for each new feature and updated existing test cases, ensuring they were up to date.
- Implemented automation tests for the tablet application using Appium, the load testing framework, and API tests for the REST API services.
QA Team Lead
- Ensured that the developers were meeting the API testing requirements defined in the test strategy document.
- Trained and mentored team members, including apprentices.
- Implemented quality assurance strategies and procedures within the team.
- Oversaw the team and ensured they adhered to company procedures, standards, and values.
- Contributed to test reporting and resource planning for the QA team.
- Collaborated with product owners and business subject matter experts to resolve queries about the QA team's acceptance criteria.
- Automated 20+ projects using the WebdriverIO framework, automated native applications using Appium, and manually tested 40+ projects.
Rocket X (acquired by Leo Vegas)
- Automated and manually tested multiple projects, including native apps, single-page web applications, and microservices, covering cross-browser and device testing.
- Improved the current automated framework and added a new feature.
- Tested 40+ projects manually and automated 20+ projects using the WebdriverIO framework.
- Reported the testing results and gave feedback on areas for improvement.
- Tested single-page web apps manually, ensuring the delivery of high-quality products.
- Built the automation suite from the ground up using Nightwatch.js and Cucumber.
- Mentored and trained team members and apprentices.
- Created reports on testing results and proposed areas of improvement.
- Collaborated with the developers on fixing single-page web application bugs.
Bet UK is a sportsbook-focused gambling mobile and web application. The product offered various features, including watching live streams and predicting casino and other games. The app has multiple depositing ways and the ability to manage its accounts and gamble responsibly.
Rewrote the automation suite from scratch, reducing the time it took for the whole automation test suite to run from six hours to 14 minutes. Tested the functionality and usability of the application.
Chrome, Appium, Allure Testing Framework
Slack, WebdriverIO, Jira, Mocha, Cucumber, TestRail, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins
Manual Testing, Automation, Test Automation, Automated Testing, Functional Testing, Software Testing, Testing, E2E Testing, Management, HTML DOM, Load Testing
Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Android, iOS, MacOS
UI Testing, Documentation, Test Documentation, Automated UI Testing, Test Management, Training, Manual QA, Test Cases, Test Planning, Test Reporting, Team Mentoring, QA Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution, API Testing, Mobile App Testing, QA Leadership, K6, Zalenium, Test Scripting, UI Automation
Nightwatch.js, Marionette.js, Selenium Grid
BTEC Diploma in Software Development
Gateshead College - Gateshead, UK