- CTO | Co-FounderArdusat2014 - 2017
- Managed and grew an engineering team and architected a web-based platform for inquiry-based learning to teach students STEM skills using computer science and engineering.
- Led the development at the company.
- Recruited and hired team members.
- Established engineering best practices and standards.
- Built a web platform using Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, and Node.js.
- Developed embedded sensor drivers (32 bit ARM Linux) for a satellite sensor board.
- Developed high altitude balloon payloads for remote sensing and telemetry that communicate via 900 Mhz radio and satellite.
- ConsultantSubtext, LLC2014 - 2014
- Created a semantic-annotation-and-processing pipeline for the automated processing and classification of local news articles and list serve documents using GATE, Groovy, and Python.
- Worked with Ruby on Rails to create interfaces and views to interact with and present this data.
- Developed best practices and guidelines around testing and API development.
- Data Science ConsultantWorkmans Compensation Fund2014 - 2014
Technologies: Python, PostgreSQL, Redhat Linux, D3.js, Elasticsearch, Tableau
- Created predictive models of future fund outlays based on demographics and past spending data.
- Built the company's data infrastructure; using Python, data warehousing using Linux grid compute resources, PostgreSQL, and Apache Spark.
- Created interactive visualizations of important company metrics using D3.js and presented them to the executive team.
- Core Product ManagerArtificial Intelligence Quotient2012 - 2014
Technologies: Python, MATLAB, Java, Groovy, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, C, CUDA, RabbitMQ, Salt Stack
- Created automated trading systems and strategies to compete in the US long/short equity markets.
- Designed and implemented systems in Python, MATLAB, Java, and C to learn and optimize trading models on a 200 computer-node grid.
- Interfaced with NLP data vendors and other third-party APIs.
- Implemented Python and MATLAB modules in C to seamlessly share objects in memory to allow a platform to run a mix of MATLAB and Python code without memory duplication.
- Solar and Smart Home EngineerHeliocentric2011 - 2012
- Designed, installed, and maintained smart home controllers and renewable energy systems for high-performance houses including solar (solar thermal and PV), geothermal heat pumps, and small hydroelectric machines.
- Designed and maintained wireless sensor networks using a variety of protocols including ZWave, Xbee, and amateur band (345 and 900 MHz) radio.
- Designed and implemented sophisticated control programs in C and C++ running on 8-bit embedded chips and a 32-bit embedded Debian Linux system.
- Designed and implemented a C++/FastCGI back-end and a jQuery/HTML5 front-end web application to control and monitor home systems and performance.