Software Engineer (Co-team Lead)2020 - PRESENTHyperion
Technologies: Stripe API, JSON, REST APIs, ECMAScript (ES6), CSS, HTML, Software Architecture, DevOps, Architecture, AWS Lambda, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Continuous Deployment, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, SQL, PHP, Docker, Grafana, AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Angular, React, TypeScript
- Assisted with transforming a small, old-fashioned software department into a modern Agile team while serving as the co-team lead.
- Played a central role in architecting the rewrite of a primary software product while simultaneously maintaining and interfacing with legacy systems.
- Advocated for and implemented new processes, including continuous deployment, trunk-based development, and a focus on well-tested code.
- Created and deployed several automated monitoring systems, catching multiple production incidents before customers were impacted.
Software Engineer II (Team Lead)2020 - 2020NS8
Technologies: Stripe API, JSON, REST APIs, ECMAScript (ES6), CSS, HTML, Software Architecture, DevOps, Architecture, Serverless, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, SQL, Stripe, Terraform, CircleCI, React, AWS, MySQL, TypeScript
- Led a team of five engineers, providing technical guidance, enabling productivity, and promoting individual growth. Promoted to team lead after seven months at the company.
- Designed, implemented, and oversaw the migration of customers to an updated product version with zero downtime and zero data loss.
- Advocated for and participated in Agile software craftsmanship in a rapidly growing startup.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Pivotal Labs
- Enabled and guided enterprise software teams to facilitate rapid Agile development and adherence to coding best practices while serving as a consultant.
- Practiced the extreme programming methodology, including test-driven development and 100% pair programming.
- Created a robust, user-friendly Android app used by United Airlines baggage handlers to scan, track, and load baggage.
- Built a web application with Spring Boot and React/Redux, enabling Allstate call center associates to efficiently collect information and dispatch assistance to disabled vehicles.
- Engineered a microservice-based API, facilitating reliable communication with more than 16 million Blue Cross Blue Shield policyholders by aggregating, organizing, and intelligently recommending contact info from multiple sources.
- Created a Java/Spring API and Gemfire in-memory database, supplying lightning-fast access to Blue Cross Blue Shield basic member information.
- Built a Kotlin API, performing pre-processing of insurance quote requests for CNA Insurance by integrating with existing SOAP and REST APIs.
Computer Engineering Co-op2012 - 2012Assured Information Security
Technologies: Agile, Operating Systems, Linux, Linux Kernel Modules, Linux Kernel, C
- Documented Linux kernel internals and facilitated kernel-level development by prototyping Linux loadable kernel modules.
- Conducted research and modeled applications, using proprietary techniques and classified information in a high-security environment.
- Became an expert on the Linux ELF file format by creating several ELF loaders and utilities.