Engineer | Scientist2015 - PRESENTSelf-Employment
Technologies: Hardware, Scientific Computing, C++
- Designed and built a low-cost, high-resolution smart imaging system for a high altitude balloon.
- Built a subpixel accurate video rectification application for an ion propulsion experiment.
- Developed a vignetting correction and calibration back-end for a camera manufacturer.
- Designed, built, and engineered a high precision fluid mechanics experiment for a university at one-tenth of the price quoted by established machine shops.
- Conducted ongoing research in noise reduction, demosaicing, deconvolution, and compressed sensing.
Computer Vision Scientist2015 - 2016HoneyComb Corporation
Technologies: C++, Optimization, Computer Vision
- Built an extremely fast and highly reliable image/map processing pipeline.
- Invented methods for avoiding UAV-specific imaging problems.
- Invented a spectral calibration method which someone else happened to publish recently.
Computer Vision Scientist2009 - 2015OGSystems
Technologies: Optimization, C++, Computer Vision
- Built a cluster process using ZeroMQ.
- Wrote a many different custom optimizations.
- Found a practical solution to the three view problem.
- Invented and published a new multi-view stereo method.