Data Scientist2018 - 2019Instabridge
Technologies: EMR, BigQuery, Spark, PyTorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Dataflow
- Migrated data system from AWS to Google Cloud.
- Developed models to identify moving WiFi hotspots, e.g., those hotspots on trains or mobile devices.
- Built models to estimate locations of WiFi hotspots from scans and connections by Android devices.
- Wrote and deployed data models in/with dbt (data build tools).
- Produced various ad-hoc analyses for stakeholders.
- Deployed Snowplow event pipelines on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with Cloud Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery, and Google Compute Engine.
Back-end Developer2015 - 2018Instabridge
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, AWS, GCP, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Spark
- Designed and implemented the back-end architecture utilising Heroku, AWS and GCP.
- Implemented data pipelines in Spark running on EMR scheduled with Airflow.
- Applied machine learning to solve core data problems such as estimating locations of WiFi hotspots, quality of hotspots, classifying hotspots as moving or stationary, public or private, matching hotspots and venues.
- Implemented near real-time data pipelines using AWS Kinesis, lambda functions and DynamoDB.
Solutions Engineer2013 - 2014Cadence Design Systems
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Perforce, Oracle, Linux, Microsoft Office
- Developed internal productivity/process web applications for one of the two leading electronic design automation companies.
- Improved my ability to work effectively in teams.
- Developed communication skills.
- Continuously evaluated and ranked priorities based on business value.
Associate Tutor2008 - 2012University of East Anglia
Technologies: Pen and Paper, Blackboard
- Communicated successfully difficult concepts to a range of students.
- Marked coursework.