Technical Advisor2019 - PRESENTNOW Money
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Advisory, Recruitment, IT Recruitment
- Assisted as a technical advisor after I stopped working with the company full time.
- Solved complex problems that often came up working with various financial institutions and technology providers.
- Guided the recruiting of technical personnel and conducted interviews.
Software Engineer2021 - 2021Unit21, Inc
Technologies: Python, Python 3, PostgreSQL, Flask, Protobuf, Microservices, React, TypeScript
- Helped design, architect, and convert existing monolith logic into a new service following microservice architecture and using Protobufs for communication.
- Added several highly requested customer features from start to finish using Python and React.
- Increased the test coverage on the module I worked on from practically zero to above 90%.
CTO2019 - 2021houza
- Built a scalable product from the ground up in a very short time frame to hit the launch deadline.
- Reached feature-level of incumbent property portals in less than 12 months with a fraction of the team and budget size.
- Migrated seamless deployment from Alibaba Cloud to AWS with zero downtime.
CTO2017 - 2019NOW Money
- Rebuilt the entire technology platform integrating with a payment processor and multiple third parties to create a virtual bank.
- Built the region's first eKYC system to help onboard our own customers and offer the service to third parties.
- Oversaw the launch to thousands of low-income workers in the Middle East.
Co-founder CTO2015 - 2017Styck FZ
- Launched a startup to encourage UAE residents to move more and be less sedentary.
- Achieved 20,000 registered users with zero marketing spend.
- Became the biggest lead driver for Deliveroo's launch in the UAE.
Technical Lead2015 - 2017Unihorn Labs
- Created a private workplace messaging tool allowing employees and management to interact anonymously. Built with Ionic and Parse.
- Implemented an AI-based moderation tool for the communication app.
- Assisted with an on-demand car washing application as part of the company.
Director of Technology2007 - 2015Dubizzle
Technologies: Python, Django, Management, Recruitment
- Grew the technology team from two to 30 people working in six different teams.
- Grew traffic from almost nothing to 300 million page views per month.
- Founded the R&D department, which spun out an additional marketplace app product that became its own company.