Data Scientist2020 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Pandas, Marketing Analytics, Ad Optimization, Optimization, Modeling, Linux, Docker, Python 3, Python, Scikit-learn, Mathematical Modeling, XGBoost
- Audited the back-end algorithms and underpinning model of a search advertising optimization provider which serves online retailers.
- Proposed a new element that represents a novel methodology that has been included in their development plan.
- Developed and delivered for production a machine learning solution that predicts visitor purchasing behavior on the retailer's site.
Data Scientist2019 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: Pandas, GDAL, OSGeo, Overpass, GDAL/OGR, Overpass Query Language, GeoPandas, Modeling, Linux, PySpark, Apache Spark, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Shapely, GIS, Python 3, Python, Mathematical Modeling
- Contributed ideas and research, developed a self-contained methodology, and wrote a Python program for image quality assessment for Sentinel-2 multispectral satellite imagery, to be a part of a secure data hosting service for Hungarian authorities.
- Processed 4,000 GB of historical image data on a multicore Google Cloud virtual machine to collect historical data to which to compare the assessed products.
- Packaged the program in a Docker container and earned praise for the product being compact and easy to operate.
- Used GDAL with geographic raster images. Referenced different coordinate systems, found details in images by their coordinates, and opened only parts of large image files. Integrated intelligent cloud and snow detection.
- Learned the fundamental physics and principles of interferometric synthetic-aperture radars (radar satellites) in nine days. Owing to my instructions, my project manager discovered that one of his expert advisors is an authority on the question.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow2012 - 2017University of Freiburg (Germany)
Technologies: Time Series Analysis, Time Series, LaTeX, Probability Theory, Modeling, Linux, Mathematical Modeling, Mathematica, MATLAB
- Acquired research funding from the prestigious Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the AXA Research Fund with my research proposals, demonstrating independent and creative thinking at the forefront of human knowledge.
- Managed the project independently, including research and problem-solving, budget planning, financial reporting, and dissemination of results in publications and at conferences.
- Solved both practically motivated and theoretical problems which resulted in two publications in international scientific journals.
- Developed a novel statistical method for the assessment of cross-contamination in digital PCR experiments in cutting-edge lab-on-a-chip devices. Implemented the algorithm in Matlab with a student he supervised. Released the software on GitHub.
Postdoctoral Researcher2010 - 2011University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB)
Technologies: Time Series Analysis, Time Series, LaTeX, Probability Theory, Modeling, Linux, Mathematical Modeling, MATLAB
- Worked at the department of mechanical engineering under the supervision of two renowned control engineers, Profs. Mustafa Khammash and Joao Hespanha, demonstrating the versatility and ability to learn quickly.
- Researched stochastic models of biochemical reaction systems.
- Published my results in a prestigious scientific journal, the Journal of The Royal Society Interface, and the paper has achieved over 30 citations.