Senior Software Development Manager2015 - 2020Clutch Technologies
Technologies: Scala, Akka, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Transitioned the company from a system based on spreadsheets and post-it notes to a Scala back end, mobile apps, and internal tools for managing our fleet of vehicles and subscription customers. I was an early hire at Clutch.
- Collaborated with designers and mobile app, front-end, and back-end developers to add new features to our mobile apps and internal tools as the company transitioned from a direct-to-consumer business to a multi-tenant SaaS business.
- Built a real-time messaging platform so that customers could communicate with staff via SMS and voice calls. This system works across mobile apps and web interfaces and is built to facilitate the workflow of customers exchanging vehicles.
- Organized sprints for my team by grooming our backlog of tasks, assigning them to developers, and tracking their progress. I led stand-up meetings, sprint retrospectives and demoed new features to the company before deployment.
- Participated in bi-weekly deployments and debugged issues when they arose. Our deployments were highly automated with Terraform and Liquibase.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Altisource Labs
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, AWS
- Refactored legacy code into microservices in Java with Spring Boot.
- Utilized S3 and other external APIs to provide robust services for internal applications.
- Worked to build a core set of applications to reduce duplicated effort across other engineering teams across the company.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014inBloom
Technologies: Java, MongoDB
- Worked with a newly formed team to take over the development of the core application from the large team of contractors who had developed it.
- Fixed bugs in the core platform and maintained an extensive end-to-end automated test suite.
- Worked to build an "app store" gateway to the core platform, enabling developers to offer their education technology to school districts in a secure way.
Senior Software Development Manager2011 - 2013VeriFone
Technologies: Java, AWS
- Developed many features of a touch screen appliance that integrates with a point-of-sale to advertise products at checkout in convenience stores.
- Reverse-engineered the serial data from various point-of-sale systems so our appliance can have richer information.
- Helped resolve technical issues with the device in-person and remotely.