Front-end Developer2016 - 2019Thumbtack
Technologies: React, Redux, React Router, Create React App, Visualforce, Apex
- Built a help center from the ground up using Create React App.
- Built a Salesforce integration layer using Salesforce's Force.com platform.
- Built a dispute settlement application also with React and Redux.
- Effectively worked with a remote team in a distant time zone (US) while living in Vietnam.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Airtable
- Built three new blocks for their pro blocks feature, including the records block, description block, and chart block.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016Homely.com.au
Technologies: React, Node.js
- Implemented React components-based UIs for new product features.
- Created mobile-first, responsive interfaces.
- Utilized advanced ECMAScript 6 and 7 language features for more expressive, flexible code.
- Effectively worked with a remote team in a distant time zone (Australia) while living in the US.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Namecheap
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, CSS, Twilio
- Worked on numerous small projects as a contractor, including rebuilding their blog, and creating a single-page app for receiving an app download link via SMS.
Front-end Software Engineer2012 - 2014Yelp
Technologies: Python, jQuery, Google Clojure Library
- Worked closely with the product team to build new features for the desktop and mobile site.
- Had a lead role on the small team that produced Yelp's first UI style guide, and then made it available to the public. The style guide precipitated an organization-wide push towards modular design.
- Completely rebuilt Yelp's most important page (the business page) from scratch, using advanced CSS features for layout and interaction.
- Led the development of a complete overhaul of all email templates, including Yelp Weekly, which is sent to millions of users per week.
- Gained unique experience working on a large-scale software project with hundreds of contributors. Learned extensively about release engineering, including testing and deployment, as well as common web security vulnerabilities.
UI Designer/Web Developer2011 - 2012Couchsurfing
Technologies: PHP, jQuery
- Designed multiple experiments focused on optimizing user onboarding, using Optimizely's A/B testing platform.
- Had a fluid role within a startup environment, ranging from coding to graphic design and product management.
- Used Scrum.
- Redesigned the website's main navigation.
- Overcame challenges involved in modernizing the front-end of a seven-year-old codebase.
Web Developer2009 - 2011Perch Design Studio
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, jQuery
- Turned beautiful Photoshop designs into WordPress sites.
- Built some Shopify sites.
- Learned how to use WordPress as a framework for general application development, not just for blogging and static content.
- Built mobile sites using both custom mobile stylesheets as well as media queries when they were still a new technology.
- Got to work with many local businesses in and around my home town of Portland, Maine.