CTO2017 - PRESENTHolonis
Technologies: Hadoop, MongoDB, Microservices, React, Python, Java, Node.js
- Created and implemented a real-time event streaming platform using microservices and Kafka.
- Implemented continuous delivery including the fully automated deployments of all services, apps, and infrastructure.
- Architected and implemented recommender systems for people and content-based recommendations.
- Built and led a team doing React-based web development.
- Led the adoption, design, and implementation of atomic design system across iOS, Android, and web teams.
- Developed in-depth knowledge in eCommerce, social networks, ad monetization, and analytics.
- Wrote machine learning algorithms with a focus on recommender systems, content categorization, and fraud detection.
Vice President Engineering2016 - 2017Zeeto
- Worked as the overall technical lead and application architect.
- Instilled a proper agile development approach using Jira with useful daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, product demos, and poker planning.
- Increased the efficiency and quality by doing high-level designs up front, detailed designs before coding, and incremental design as needed.
- Wrote lightweight documentation which ensured a minimal impact on productivity; all the developers contributed to the design.
- Raised expectations for code reviews by adding and enforcing static code analysis (SonarQube, ESLint) so reviews could focus on business logic.
- Implemented continuous delivery with unit testing, integration testing, component testing and end-to-end testing (Selenium).
Vice President Engineering2015 - 2016StoryCloud
- Handled and was responsible for the day-to-day management of a ten-person engineering department which consisted of one web and one iOS team.
- Built a responsive web application designed to work on desktop, tablet, and mobile using pure CSS.
- Fostered a development environment that was completely cloud-based using AWS, GitHub, Travis, and Pivotal.
CTO2014 - 2015Solekai Systems
Technologies: AES, Digital Rights Management (DRM), HTML5 Video, Smooth Streaming, Dash, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), IPTV, Java
- Functioned as a chief architect on numerous projects providing architectural reviews and solutions directly to clients and also provided architectural guidance and oversight to internal architects.
- Architected and designed ab inflight entertainment solution using Elemental hardware and HLS to deliver live video to aircraft.
- Architected and designed a custom DRM solution that was approved by content provider as secure without needing any modifications.
- Developed a simulation tool to simulate different Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) algorithms and to fine-tune ABR parameters.
- Designed and prototyped solution to stream 4K video over WiFi from Android 4K capable devices to an Android 4K HDMI dongle.
- Architected, designed, and prototyped an AWS-based solution to simulate major content providers like Netflix and MLB.com for preproduction scale testing by satellite ISP.
- Worked with on-demand and live-streaming in HLS, Smooth Streaming and DASH, to Flash, Silverlight, HTML5, iOS, and Android clients.
Senior Technical Architect2010 - 2014Piksel
- Led the technical delivery of one of the largest clients in the company due to my being the most senior technical resource in the Americas for my company.
- Delivered an over the top video service for three cable companies, one satellite provider, and a new subscription-based service—Veo.tv, now Blim.com. The solution consisted of linear channels, live events, SVOD, TVOD for web, IOS, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and connected TVs.
- Established and managed new teams in technologies not previously a core competency for the Americas' region. This included Smart TV, iOS, Android, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Personally ramped up on the technologies to be able to mentor tech leads and developers.
- Ensured that all teams developed using Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration (Jenkins CI server) using either SVN or Git.
- Handled and was responsible for the delivery of AT&T’s Uverse.com site.
- Worked with the AT&T product management group to define the roadmap and led geographically dispersed development teams of up to 20 engineers all while still performing hands-on development.
- Led the architecture, design, and implementation of U-verse major strategic initiatives like DVR integration with U-Verse IPTV back-end and master catalog unifying video catalogs across the web, mobile and IPTV, dynamic ad insertion integration with FreeWheel.
- Onboarded the premium content providers like HBO, Showtime, and Starz to the Uverse.com platform.
- Architected a major new functionality, managed code quality, performed design reviews, and did code reviews of both the front-end and back-end code.
Technical Lead2006 - 2010Solekai Systems
- Managed multiple cross-functional development teams through all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements gathering to maintenance and support as well as performing hands-on development.