Principal Software Engineer2021 - 2022SaltPay
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Elixir, Go, Terraform, Argo CD, Tekton CI, Tilt, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTelemetry, SQL, HTML, Distributed Architecture, Microservices
- Assembled and led the Merchant Portal team. Mentored junior and mid-level engineers while teaching them good engineering practices. Focused on code quality and introduced agile practices.
- Assembled and led the Salt ID team. Developed an in-house Identity Provider for enabling SSO across multiple apps across multiple companies. Used mainly Elixir and TypeScript for the front end.
- Implemented features in the in-house Terraform HCL generation CLI written in Go. Used these features for Tekton's CI pipelines to provision infrastructure for applications.
- Created the Elixir Guild to foster Elixir usage across the company while maintaining shared projects, like custom Tekton CI tasks and images, shared libraries for structured logging, metrics, tracing, etc.
- Conducted workshops for about 200 engineers on setting up productive local Kubernetes environments with Kind and Tilt and good observability practices, specifically structured logging and metrics with Prometheus.
Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2021Toptal
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), TypeScript, React, SQL, HTML
- Worked on the Matching team on a full-stack Ruby on Rails application.
- Worked on the Client Portal on GraphQL APIs in Ruby and a TypeScript React application.
- Contributed to an open source GitHub Codeowner linter written in Ruby.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019Stone Pagamentos SA
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, React, Elm, Elixir, SQL, HTML, Event-driven Architecture, Distributed Architecture, Microservices
- Developed a double-entry accounting ledger as the center of our financial operations.
- Built our transactional system using event-driven communication through Kafka and implemented a Saga pattern to roll back failed transfers.
- Constructed a custom-tailored API gateway using Elixir.
- Created an internal admin using react-admin and some JSON APIs.
- Built an open-source data definition and validation library to handle our validation needs.
- Developed CQRS/ES systems using Commanded, an Elixir framework.
- Worked on our internet banking app written in Elm.
- Made a Bitcoin payment processing system in Node.js from scratch to integrate with Mundipagg.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Bractlet
- Built a new data-visualization tool in Elm, migrating existing functionality from a legacy one written in React.
- Maintained existing React components for data visualization tools.
- Collaborated on reviewing back-end code written in Ruby, Haskell, and other languages.
CTO2012 - 2014Respondeai.com.br
- Fostered and maintained numerous customer relationships for a significant amount of time and developed the product.
- Implemented a Word document to HTML and MathML converter. The first one was in C# and ran our own machines. The second one was in Ruby and ran on the server Github.com/bamorim/doctor_ninja.
- Created a WYSIWYG HTML and math editor prototype to mimic Word's math editing capabilities.
- Implemented a fully responsive front-end so customers could study anywhere.
- Integrated the platform with Zendesk for reporting content errors.
- Implemented a subscription managing system using only a payment gateway.
- Split the application into two apps: one for creating the content and managing it and the other for users to consume the content. Gained experience with Docker and AWS OpsWorks.