Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2020EY (via Toptal)
- Helped EY to build a new application from the ground-up to streamline the ingestion of data and the auditing process.
- Served as a full-stack developer at EY using Node.js and TypeScript on the back end and ES7, React, and Redux on the UI (both were my sole responsibility).
- Worked on an agile team integrating my work with other parts of the application and with other EY services.
- Creating continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines using Docker swarm and Azure.
- Achieved all deadlines and expectations for the project.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018ERNI
- Helped develop a risk management system and a real-time trading system for an agribusiness company. We used event sourcing for time-tracking purposes, high availability, and to be fully auditable. The server side was developed with .NET and CQRS. The project lasted about a year. CI was implemented (Jest, TSLint, Cucumber) and a partial CD with a private Npm registry.
- Developed an Electron application with TypeScript and React.js using a DDD approach to the front-end. Communication with the server was done with RxJS over WebSockets.
- Led the internal front-end community for ERNI and the open front-end community meetup at Barcelona. Spoke at a few of the sessions and worked with the other subject matter experts to help achieve a better level of quality in the sessions.
- Contributed to the development of a back-office application to manage fees, prepayments, credit notes, and invoices. Used TypeScript with React.js and Redux.
- Developed an app to create a catalog of applications on demand; used Node.js, TypeScript, React, and Redux.
Head of Development2014 - 2016Social Games Online (CIRSA)
- Built the first MVP from scratch for an intra-entrepreneurial startup.
- Led the development of following versions of both a social gaming portal and its games in the gambling industry.
- Helped to develop and design everything: slot machines mathematic algorithms, payment platform, retention analysis and tools, gamification, KPI boards and other decision enabling tools. Used Node.js, ES7, Angular (later migrated to React), WebSockets, Redis, MongoDB, .NET, CreateJS (later migrated to Phaser.io). CI/CD implemented (ESLint, Mocha, Nightwatch, Protractor, CodeShip).
- Developed and managed the progressive web app (PWA) for the above-mentioned project—it was meant to replace the responsive implementation of the portal. Technologies used: Node.js, ES7, React.js, and Redux.
- Led the homologation process of the social games to a real-money environment. Included adapting to different regions legal constraints like algorithmic limitations, security issues, penetration tests, control features, and multi-tenants.
Senior Consultant2012 - 2014Consultia IT
- Helped develop a project for an important banking entity in Spain: a social network used to connect credit card users with multiple businesses with exclusive offers.
Software Engineer2006 - 2012Parc de Salut Mar
- Created two different e-campuses using Moodle and its APIs to adapt to multiple needs.
- Built a presence control system and a platform to register new internal and external formation courses with a selection process.