Data Architect2020 - PRESENTOracle
Technologies: Oracle Exadata, Oracle Cloud, RPM, Retail Merchandising System, ReSA, Oracle DSF, Retail Integration Bus (RIB), Oracle Retail, Jira, Tableau, Git, SharePoint, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Designed and developed the Data Migration Framework (DMF) to migrate the data of 90+ brands from different legacy systems to the Oracle merchandise operation management system.
- Created the validation framework on DMF itself, which validates the extracted data from the legacy system to the business case provided by the functional team.
- Interacted with the client and Oracle functional team regularly to fit the data requirements of the new brands and in case of any customization in DMF.
- Prepared the weekly summary reports on Jira status and discussed the progress with different vendors involved and SMEs.
Senior Software Engineer | Senior BI Consultant2018 - PRESENTLIS Nepal Pvt
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Oracle, Snowflake, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle BIP, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Jira, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Confluence, Automic (UC4), SOS Berlin Scheduler, Control-M, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Contributed to requirement gathering sessions from onsite and led the offshore team to deliver the planned tasks efficiently. Regularly interacted with the Oracle support team to fix and enhance the existing bugs.
- Designed and developed a framework of user and data-level security for 700+ operational reports (BIP and OBIEE) when the business expanded to different countries in APEC.
- Designed thoughtful operational and analytical reports for accounting, store operation, and logistics teams using BIP, OBIEE, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Contributed to the lift and shift process for a client to different countries like India and China during the business expansion. Customized the existing systems based on the local currency and languages.
- Implemented the Oracle Retail Insights V16 for leading healthcare in the UK. Added the customization to the base product and created custom integration using ODI 12c.
- Provided training on BI reporting using BIP and OBIEE to the business end-users.
- Optimized the performance of base and custom ETL batches (ODI and Unix script) and reduced the nightly batch time from around nine hours to 2.5 hours. Tuned the Oracle BIP reports, which used to take 1.5 hours and reduced the timing to eight minutes.
- Prepared and automated the end-to-end daily integration validation between Oracle operational systems and the central data warehouse.
- Prepared the history conversion design framework, documentation, testing, and validation and scheduled the nightly batch in Automic UC4 and Control-M based on the client's preference.
- Prepared the plan for reclassification as-is and as-was reporting test, which was not supported in Oracle Retail Analytics 13.2.4. Delivered the OBIEE reports to clients based on historical trends.
Managed Services Lead2016 - 2017LIS Nepal Pvt
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle BIP, PostgreSQL, Teradata, Netezza, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle ODI, Jira, Confluence, Subversion (SVN), Unix Shell Scripting
- Developed operational and analytical reports from data warehousing solutions (Oracle RA).
- Tracked the issues raised by clients and resolved them promptly.
- Created a roster plan for 24/7 L2 batch support for the retail analytics solution.
- Planned the upgrade of Oracle Retail Analytics from version 13.2.4 to 13.2.8.
- Gathered the requirements from clients for new features and accomplished them with effective solutions.
Software Engineer | BI Consultant2015 - 2017LIS Nepal Pvt
Technologies: Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, Data Warehouse Design, Unix Shell Scripting, Retail Analytics, MicroStrategy, Oracle BIP, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Python, Subversion (SVN), SQL, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Designed and developed the customized data warehouse solution, ETL scripts to get the data from different sources using Unix shell script, and the validation framework to validate the data.
- Served as L2 batch and data support for Oracle Retail Analytics for multiple clients over the globe.
- Gathered the requirements from the onsite team and led the offshore team of six to eight members to deliver the customization of the existing warehouse solution.
- Gathered the requirements from the client and designed the custom ELT integration package using Oracle Data Integrator (11g and 12c).
- Designed and tested 15+ new operational reports of store operation using MicroStrategy.
- Developed the custom integration package to handle the product and organization reclassification using shell scripting.