Web Developer2014 - 2015Skytap
- Improved log-in security by using industry-standard password hashing.
- Implemented a staged VM startup, allowing clients to automatically get a database virtual machine up and running before booting up a web server VM.
- Improved responsiveness and performance by pushing VM updates via WebSockets, rather than polling for changes.
- Reduced data transfer for viewing a VM's screen by 25%, by optimizing the Guacamole library.
- Refined the implementation of user roles and permissions.
Web Developer2013 - 2013Appetas
- Implemented theme customization, enabling restaurant managers to customize the look and feel of their websites or to choose from over 30 preset themes.
- Fixed several Internet Explorer rendering issues.
- Worked on restaurant menu editing, including integration with Locu and Foursquare and a user interface for changing a menu.
- Improved SEO for restaurant websites.
- Implemented billing engine for creating monthly invoices for Appetas's partners.
Web Developer2009 - 2013
- Rewrote the bulk of the mobile site to use Facebook's new MVC framework, and maintained the framework as it matured.
- Implemented UI tests for 10+ mobile website pages and features.
- Reduced the load time of the iPhone app by 50%.
- Created an Objective-C framework for building UI tests for the iPhone app.
- Drove an effort to preemptively secure the mobile site from exploits such as XSS and CSRF.
- Improved the experience for junior developers as the mobile team expanded from about 5 developers to about 30 developers, by giving presentations, adding Lint checks and error logs, implementing scripts for generating skeleton code, and more.
- Added GraphQL support to about 60 story types by rewriting them in a modern framework.
- Designed and implemented a GraphQL API for Facebook's dynamically generated navigation links, including a rewrite of major components.