- Software EngineerLockheed Martin2007 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java , JBoss, SOAP/Web Services, XML, JMS, Java EE, TCP/IP networking, MySQL
- Developed a Pub-Sub Messaging system in Java using JMS with SOAP interfaces for a messaging system. Maintained code, XML schema, and WSDL as needed on a Linux platform with MySQL.
- Supported COTS/FOSS integration including Apache Axis2 running under a JBoss Application server under Linux.
- Upgraded the system from JBoss 5 to JBoss 6 and 7. Integrated the system with a community version of JBoss.
- Implemented a message-based traffic marking feature whereby IP layer packets get Qos Markings based on a JMS message topic by making Java code changes to the FOSS HTTP product, along with custom application Java code.
- Led a team of 1-4 people. Determined and designed solutions to problems, and delegated and monitored work to team members.
- Performed trade studies for alternative FOSS products, including alternate Java EE servers such as GlassFish and alternative JBoss solutions.
- Performed extensive troubleshooting for bug fixes, including acting as the technical point of contact for customer reported problems.
- Implemented security enhancements based on DoD STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidelines) on Linux systems using Linux shell and Java Ant scripts.
- Implemented a XML interface to a COTS communication analysis software, using Java to emulate a DoD network architecture.
- Web DeveloperFreelance2002 - PRESENT
- Implemented an online payment system for a legal web site using PHP.
- Implemented the web site for a homeowner's association in HTML.
- Software EngineerInnovative Concepts Inc2003 - 2007
Technologies: C, C++, OO, TCP/IP
- Developed embedded communication software using C++ in a formal OO environment under LynxOS, a UNIX-based embedded OS for a DoD customer.
- Implemented IP layer software using C, including access control lists, a TCP session manager, and a priority-based message queuing system.
- Acted as database administrator for an embedded Army SQL database.
- Implemented an object datastore in C++ to persist run time objects and restore them at startup.
- Software EngineerBroadsoft Inc.2000 - 2002
Technologies: Java, JSP, SQL, C++, Servlets
- Implemented phone service configuration web pages for a telecom application using JSP and servlets.
- Wrote various functionality in Java, including multilanguage support.
- Software EngineerSyntek Systems corp1991 - 2000
Technologies: C, C++, SQL, communications
- Developed medical database software with SQL and C for the American Red Cross for the AIDS testing lab.
- Developed a satellite download application for a telecom provider in C to update software and configuration data over the air.
- Implemented call processing software for a SS7 telecom application in C++.
- Performed testing of SS7 Telecom functions using SS7-specific test equipment.
- Implemented network management software in C++.
- Performed network testing of IP routers and switches.
- Software EngineerMCI Telecommunications1990 - 1991
Technologies: C, SQL
- Implemented a network management reporting system using C.
- Software EngineerWestinghouse Electric1985 - 1990
Technologies: C, C++
- Developed device drivers for embedded test systems in C.
- Developed test application software for military avionics.