Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead2019 - 2020DoorDash
Technologies: Kotlin, Python, MySQL, Cassandra, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Led a cross functional team to expand restaurant availability via dynamic delivery fees, which ultimately led to a 5% or over $100 million increase in revenue by the end of 2020.
- Worked closely with several other technical leads to design our new microservice architecture and resolve cross-team architectural issues.
- Led several technical projects extracting various pricing logic from our Python and Django monolith into a new Kotlin and Kassandra-based service, forming a new engineering team around this new domain in the process.
- Led several other pricing-related projects to support more flexible pricing adjustment for both driving volume and response to regulatory changes.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019TuneIn
Technologies: C#, SQL
- Took part of the team responsible for the majority of our core back-end platform, including systems powering homepage, search, player, and other content-related functions.
- Led a project from ideation, getting support to completion to improve homepage recommendations, resulting in a 3% increase in conversion.
- Investigated and mitigated distributed hacking attempts.
Lead Developer2016 - 2016Clevertech
- Created a message-processing system that can scale to millions of messages per day.
- Migrated our message queue technology from Azure MQ to Amazon SQS.
- Mentored other developers on the team.
- Worked on a related front-end application based on React and Electron.
Senior Developer2013 - 2016Alberta Ministry of Education
- Developed a curriculum development application using Angular, C#/.NET, and SQL Server.
- Resolved various performance issues—primarily related to search and querying complex data.
- Participated in the Agile transformation of the team and the department.
Solution Consultant2010 - 2013DevFacto Technologies
- Delivered consistently successful software projects, sometimes under pressure.
- Provided technical advice to the clientc.
- Advocated engineering best practices like Agile to client teams.
Software Developer2008 - 2010Upside Software
- Developed new features and maintained the existing code base with a million lines of code.
- Provided technical support to implementation teams.
Programmer2007 - 2008Idea Market Design Inc.
Technologies: Joomla, PHP, SQL, Linux
- Developed new websites in the Joomla! Framework.
- Managed the Linux servers at the company and for some of our clients as well.
- Worked on a data gathering/processing initiative.
Programmer2005 - 2006Seneca College
Technologies: SQL, Linux, C, PHP
- Patched an open source network tool for a specific security problem that we faced.
- Developed a project management website.
- Managed server farms and wrote the corresponding documentation for them.