CTO2019 - 2020Cambio
- Wrote the first line of code in June and released the product to the public in September.
- Designed and built a scoring system to compare candidate resumes to job descriptions. Optimized the system to handle thousands of jobs and candidates on a single server.
- Processed feedback from HR industry leaders and built the industry's first diversity engine, helping companies diversify their workforce.
- Wrote scrapers to pull job information from multiple different job boards.
Leader, Partner Innovation Center2018 - 2019Dun & Bradstreet
- Worked in a partnership group providing the sales team with new products, proof of concepts, prototypes, and tools to organize and streamline the sales and partnership process.
- Built a system to pull, filter, process and compare internal data that took in 100 million records a night. Due to the complexity of the data, the tools at AWS did not work for us, so we built our own ETL system from the ground up.
- Reduced the processing time from two weeks to 4 hours by optimizing the database and SQL and maximizing server resources.
- Developed an idea to create a system to rank similar companies through NLP on company descriptions, saving thousands of person-hours per year. The system proved to be exponentially better than the manual version.
- Developed a system to assign SIC codes to companies based on company descriptions automatically.
- Built multiple web-based tools for groups to visualize data, streamline processes, and automate tasks. Doing this saved the company hundreds of person-hours per month.
- Managed AWS implementation for the group, including servers, databases, load balancers, and big data storage.
- Managed the hiring, building, and running of the team of programmers.
- Used and managed multiple Postgres instances for different projects.
Co-founder and CTO2009 - 2015Drillmap
- Wrote the majority of the code and architected the system to collect oil and gas data from over 500 sources. I also enabled the system to display the data in google maps and added a report builder.
- Developed solutions to clean and fix data from different sources.
- Managed a 30-person, cross-functional department that included programmers, GIS, data management, and technical support.
- Demonstrated the product to customers and clients, which lead to large deals at Conoco.
- Arranged to have DrillMap invited into the Surge Accelerator, a Houston-based energy software incubator, which led to connections with VCs and angel investors. This effort resulted in over $6 million in funding.
- Managed multiple large clustered instances of Postgres and optimized them for high availability and speed.