Game Developer2019 - PRESENTLiberty Field
Technologies: Unity, C#
- Developed a premium mobile game in Unity from pre-production to release and update.
- Created a system for importing and managing thousands of deeds which delivered the data to the player according to the state of the gameplay.
- Iterated multiple times over FTUE (first-time user experience) and game progression from design to development.
- Themed the game according to the current season within the game.
- Created a system to auto-generate and randomize people (graphics, sounds, and stories).
Game Developer2017 - 2018Liberty Field
Technologies: Unity, C#, Firebase, Ads, Java, JNI
- Handled the multiple conflicts created by several Unity SDKs (e.g., Facebook, Firebase, Swrve, and game analytics).
- Built a real-time chat system using Firebase.
- Constructed guilds and gifting for a freemium game and hooked the guild events inside the chat, making it like an activity wall.
- Developed weapon and armor effects for legendary gear.
- Created a DLC system using Firebase for a game's resources, and kept the package size under 100MB for mobile data downloads.
Game Developer2016 - 2017Liberty Field
- Developed a free-fall first-person simulator in Unity, for mobile devices, using a gyroscope.
- Created a system to build tunnels from 3D objects, their weights and their constraints, in order to generate the game world.
- Built an online tool for editing remote game configurations, it was meant to modify the behavior of the game over the web.
- Projected the UI on a spherical mesh to improve immersion.
- Modeled 3D pieces that made up the game world.
Freelancer2015 - 2016Liberty Field
Technologies: C, C++
- Maintained a legacy C forum server, which got constantly updated to use newer technologies.
- Migrated the legacy C forum server and its huge database to another provider.
- Built a screen-sharing Chrome extension, starting from the existing Chrome remote desktop and added/removed features according to an established design.
- Replaced the entire network stack for an application.
- Used a Chrome embedded framework and Chromium to ship a browser extension as a standalone application.
- Used GPS and device sensors to accurately measure distances traveled.
Developer2013 - 2015Gameloft
Technologies: C++, Objective-C, Java, PHP
- Worked as a junior in a library team and built and supported multi-platform SDKs for freemium mobile game services.
- Worked as an R&D developer for an Android SDK (hooked with C++ game code) and for making the UI friendly in the Arab world (right-to-left reading).
- Ported an iOS game on Android as the lead of a small team.
- Ported an iOS game on Windows Phone as a lead for a small team.
- Worked in the production team of an iOS title as an online developer.
- Led an online development team to support the creation team of a big title.
- Worked as an engine developer for an internal engine + editor team.