Senior DevOps Engineer2017 - PRESENTBitrates
Technologies: AWS, Laravel, MongoDB, Percona, Elasticsearch, Docker, Puppet, Terraform, MySQL
- Implemented a highly scalable and redundant cryptocurrency news/tracking platform.
- Eliminated downtime by accurately implementing replication and failover with MySQL.
- Collaborated with back-end developers to improve speed and scaling.
- Implemented network security equipment, including firewalls and two-factor authentication for users.
Systems Architect | Ops Engineer2016 - PRESENTKuhl
Technologies: AWS, Django, Fusion, Terraform, Puppet, Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes
- Developed network and system architecture according to business needs.
- Researched and identified new technologies and tools, helping to grow the Agile development environment.
- Participated in all phases of the system development life cycle, from requirements analysis through system implementation.
- Collaborated with customers, internal staff, and other stakeholders to plan, implement, and integrate system-oriented projects.
- Managed and monitored all installed systems to ensure the highest level of availability.
- Managed and monitored all installed systems, ensuring the highest level of installed, configured, tested, and maintained operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Defined enterprise processes and best practices and tailored enterprise processes for applications.
- Collaborated with clients to determine project specifications and scope.
- Monitored the automated build and continuous software integration process to drive builds and release failure resolution.
- Reorganized two email marketing campaigns, both resulting in significant improvements in ROI.
Senior Linux System Administrator2016 - 2021Follamigos
Technologies: AWS, Laravel, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL
- Developed multiple redundant and scalable layers, using AWS ALB, Auto Scaling, and CloudWatch.
- Built a multiserver MySQL 8 GTID Cluster with ProxySQL load balancing.
- Improved email delivery for all eCommerce blasts by segmenting the lists and applying email validation, feedback loops, and proper IP warm-up procedures.
- Resolved vulnerabilities by improving network security.
- Dramatically improved speed and performance by working with the developers, upgrading to PHP 7, setting up caches, and dramatically improving response on the database layer.
- Managed backup and disaster recovery through strict data control and retention policies, personally handling recovery tasks when issues arose.
CTO2015 - 2016PervCity
Technologies: Nginx-rtmp, Nginx, FFmpeg, CentOS, BareMetal, Docker
- Gathered and defined customer requirements to develop clear specifications for project plans.
- Collaborated with software development and testing team members to design and develop robust solutions to meet client requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
- Monitored video availability metrics, confirming uptime performance metrics met with prescribed standards.
- Oversaw the preparation of marketing copy, images, videos, emails, and other collateral.
- Implemented FFmpeg Linux batch encoders for automatic encoding and converting of all content.