Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Bogdan is a senior Linux system administrator, DevOps engineer, and IT department leader with 15+ years of experience. He specializes in storage, servers, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, and AWS, and he has worked in the apparel, fashion, and cryptocurrency industries.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), CentOS, Red Hat Linux, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a 2,800 RS Laravel cluster on AWS with a MySQL 8.0 InnoDB Cluster behind ProxySQL.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Implemented a highly scalable and redundant cryptocurrency news/tracking platform.
- Eliminated downtime by accurately implementing replication and failover with MySQL.
- Collaborated with back-end developers to improve speed and scaling.
- Implemented network security equipment, including firewalls and two-factor authentication for users.
Systems Architect | Ops Engineer
- Developed network and system architecture according to business needs.
- Researched and identified new technologies and tools, helping to grow the Agile development environment.
- Participated in all phases of the system development life cycle, from requirements analysis through system implementation.
- Collaborated with customers, internal staff, and other stakeholders to plan, implement, and integrate system-oriented projects.
- Managed and monitored all installed systems to ensure the highest level of availability.
- Managed and monitored all installed systems, ensuring the highest level of installed, configured, tested, and maintained operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Defined enterprise processes and best practices and tailored enterprise processes for applications.
- Collaborated with clients to determine project specifications and scope.
- Monitored the automated build and continuous software integration process to drive builds and release failure resolution.
- Reorganized two email marketing campaigns, both resulting in significant improvements in ROI.
Senior Linux System Administrator
- Developed multiple redundant and scalable layers, using AWS ALB, Auto Scaling, and CloudWatch.
- Built a multiserver MySQL 8 GTID Cluster with ProxySQL load balancing.
- Improved email delivery for all eCommerce blasts by segmenting the lists and applying email validation, feedback loops, and proper IP warm-up procedures.
- Resolved vulnerabilities by improving network security.
- Dramatically improved speed and performance by working with the developers, upgrading to PHP 7, setting up caches, and dramatically improving response on the database layer.
- Managed backup and disaster recovery through strict data control and retention policies, personally handling recovery tasks when issues arose.
- Gathered and defined customer requirements to develop clear specifications for project plans.
- Collaborated with software development and testing team members to design and develop robust solutions to meet client requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
- Monitored video availability metrics, confirming uptime performance metrics met with prescribed standards.
- Oversaw the preparation of marketing copy, images, videos, emails, and other collateral.
- Implemented FFmpeg Linux batch encoders for automatic encoding and converting of all content.
I built the project with extensive use of AWS, CI/CD pipelines, and Docker. Because of lower performance for RDS, I tuned EC2 instances. The project uses a MySQL InnoDB Cluster with ProxySQL load Balancing.
Puppet, NGINX, Terraform, Grafana
Amazon Web Services (AWS), CentOS, Red Hat Linux, Percona, Docker, Kubernetes
MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
BareMetal, Prometheus, Fusion
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring