Verified Expert in Engineering
Bogdan is an expert iOS engineer with 10 years of experience and 15 years of overall IT experience. He's focused solely on iOS contracting but is knowledgeable in adjacent areas. Bogdan has worked on a number of projects, both small and large, and has successfully seen many projects to completion. He is excited when his skills make a difference and takes pride when he can find a reliable and elegant solution for a complex problem.
Trello, Git, Xcode, MacOS
The most amazing...
...iOS app infrastructure I've built was for a technologically-complex product that withstood high load with 99.99% crash-free sessions.
- Contributed to the completion of over 30 various iOS projects.
- Achieved a 99.99%+ crash-free session rate on a high-load product.
- Engineered a high-performance image and video processing infrastructure for an iOS app.
Native iOS Developer
- Developed an iOS app MVP based on an AI algorithm to count the number of prostrations in a Muslim prayer using an iPhone camera.
- Collaborated with the data science expert to fine-tune and adapt the algorithm to be ported from Python to the Apple toolset.
- Oversaw the App Store submission process, including getting through the initial submission denial by the Apple review team.
Objective-C iOS Developer
Penta Holdings Inc
- Updated the Objective-C-based iPad app from an outdated to the current iOS SDK, gave some parts of the codebase a complete overhaul, and migrated some parts of the codebase to Swift.
- Helped to ensure quality by maintaining unit test suits and performing technical investigations for the QA.
- Fixed a set of issues and requests, identified potential problems with maintainability in the future, and compiled and documented a list of suggestions for potential improvement and some current maintainability pitfalls.
Konstantin Freiherr von Stein zu Nord und Ostheim
- Developed an MVP of a product, iOS, and Mac Catalyst apps that help you make textures using a camera or a photo.
- Implemented all the required features for the product, previewing textures on different shapes and ability to edit different texture channels (diffuse, roughness, meatless, normal maps using several algorithms).
- Implemented storage layer that enables the user to re-edit textures and persists over iCloud, which also allows to start a project on the iOS app and finish on the MacOS.
Senior iOS Engineer
Machina Technologies Pty Ltd
- Acted as an iOS expert to support a feasibility study for a startup idea.
- Identified challenges and risks that should be addressed before (or as part of) the MVP.
- Took part in several meetings with potential vendors and partner companies identified by the founder.
LANDMARKS ID PTY LTD
- Maintained multiple flavors of SDK that share some common code.
- Migrated the entire implementation from Objective-C to Swift.
- Fixed bugs and requests coming from customer support.
- Implemented a number of UI-focused screens according to designs using SwiftUI.
- Reworked product architecture to fit client's needs, extracted internal frameworks, applied clean architecture, and set up a way to manage third parties.
- Investigated the feasibility of using ResearchKit for a specific feature on this project and implemented MVP.
Lead iOS Engineer
- Took over an iOS project from the 3rd party vendor.
- Re-engineered the codebase for product stability and produced several major releases.
- Participated in IT team architecture and engineering process review sessions and provided inputs for further considerations by the company technical leadership people.
Project Coordinator, Project Manager
- Developed a custom process based on Agile and the defined methodology of the interoperation of two corporate project teams, the customer, and other vendors.
- Facilitated technical analysis for the sales team during the engagement process.
- Facilitated the Agile process for a 7 to 12-person team and managed interests resolution of the project team, the higher company management, and the customer product team.
Junior C++ Developer
- Developed a testing framework based on requirements from senior staff, specifically tailored for the product, development, and QA teams.
- Made changes and fixed bugs in the Win driver (kernel) part of the product.
- Reverse-engineered (disassembled) a binary using IDA Pro.
MaxSold Seller Apphttps://www.maxsold.com
Image and Video Processing Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/kuni-cam-photo-video-editor/id1336488891
iOS App to Facilitate Muslim Prayershttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/raka-prayer-counter/id6449230994
Social Network Apphttps://steamrole.org
Analogue Camera App
Swift, Swift 4, Swift 5, Objective-C, C++, C#, XML, GraphQL, Python
UIKit, Cocoa Touch, StoreKit, iOS SDK, SwiftUI, Core Data, Core Motion, MapKit, Address Book, Metal, Message UI, ResearchKit, CareKit, gRPC, Core Location, iOS SceneKit, ReactiveCocoa, Core ML
iOS Native Libraries, CocoaPods, Core Image, Core Graphics, Core Animation, WinAPI, OpenGL ES, REST APIs, Firebase iOS SDK, NumPy
Mobile Development, Agile, Scrum, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), REST
iOS, Mobile, Firebase, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
User Interface (UI), UI Animation, Mobile Apps, Direct to Consumer (D2C), Image Manipulation, APIs, AVFoundation, Video Editing, User Experience (UX), Widgets, Apple Design, Location-aware Technology, Location Services, Location Services and Maps, HTTP, 3D Image Processing, Machine Learning, Custom Keyboards
Git, TestFlight, Figma, Fastlane, Xcode, Trello, Microsoft Project, Jira, Microsoft Excel, Slack, GitHub, Apple Push Notifications, CircleCI, Apple HealthKit
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
DNUZT - Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring