Developer/Consultant2021 - 2021Thoughtbot
Technologies: Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL, CSV File Processing, Unittest, Pytest
- Developed a Django application to ingest CSV files and convert them to a format suitable for import into the company's platform.
- Reduced opportunities for spreadsheet errors by 55% by automating CSV transformations that were previously done manually.
- Collected user input on the changes they would like to make to files throughout the transformation process.
- Refactored tests and implementation code throughout the codebase.
- Conducted weekly user tests to gather feedback and prioritize new features.
Software Engineer, Consultant2018 - 2021Stride Consulting
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Redux, Redux-saga, TypeScript, Node.js, Python, Jest, RSpec
- Embedded into diverse engineering teams across a multitude of industries for multi-month engagements. Clients included 2U, Warby Parker, Blue Apron, PXY Data, and AbleTo.
- Learned the codebase, established trust with the client, and delivered value by advocating for best practices in code craftsmanship, team processes, product development, and more.
- Launched a new Express API to manage details of a patient’s session with a therapist.
- Built a complex, multipart form that used CMS data to render dynamic React components.
- Built a Sidekiq job to verify users' home delivery addresses and alert them of invalid fields.
- Refactored React components to remove dependencies on Backbone.js models.
- Crafted React components for cart and checkout experience in a new product launch.
- Configured permissions for six different user roles in Rails back end.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Publicis Media
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Redux, Backbone.js, Test-driven Development (TDD), Angular
- Bootstrapped a React application, including configuring transpilation with webpack, state management, API requests, app routing, testing, type checking, and linting.
- Crafted dozens of components for React and Angular 2+ apps, including user dashboards, tables, menus, and complex forms.
- Utilized test-driven development to refactor and develop new features in a legacy Ruby on Rails application.
Data Analyst2015 - 2017Indeed
- Utilized Python/pandas to collect, munge, manipulate, and analyze key metrics and data.
- Supervised and trained 5+ employees and interns on open-source data analysis libraries and proprietary Indeed tools.
- Scraped 100+ brand websites and search engines for contact information using Python, requests, and BeautifulSoup. Data pulls were used by dozens of client-facing account executives in the sales and account management departments.