Software Engineer, Consultant2018 - PRESENTStride Consulting
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Redux, Redux-saga, TypeScript, Node.js, Python, Jest, RSpec
- Launched a new Express API to manage details of a patient’s session with a therapist.
- Built a complex, multipart form that used CMS data to render dynamic React components.
- Built a Sidekiq job to verify the user’s home delivery address and alert them of invalid fields.
- Refactored React components to remove dependencies on Backbone.js models.
- Added unit tests for React components, Redux reducers, Backbone.js models, and more.
- Crafted React components for cart and checkout experience in new product launch.
- Configured permissions for six different user roles in Rails back end.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Publicis Media
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Redux, Backbone.js, Test-driven Development (TDD), Angular
- Bootstrapped a React application, including configuring transpilation with webpack, state management, API requests, app routing, testing, type checking, and linting.
- Crafted dozens of components for React and Angular 2+ apps, including user dashboards, tables, menus, and complex forms.
- Utilized test-driven development to refactor and develop new features in a legacy Ruby on Rails application.
Data Analyst2015 - 2017Indeed
- Utilized Python/pandas to collect, munge, manipulate, and analyze key metrics and data.
- Supervised and trained 5+ employees and interns on open-source data analysis libraries and proprietary Indeed tools.
- Scraped 100+ brand websites and search engines for contact information using Python, requests, and BeautifulSoup; data pulls were used by dozens of client-facing account executives in the sales and account management departments.
Associate, Business and Strategic Solutions2014 - 2015Lenox Advisors
Technologies: Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel VBA
- Served as one of two system administrators for custom-built office CRMs, with duties including user setup, new employee training, technical troubleshooting, and documentation creation.
- Resolved system data consistency issues (duplicates, entry errors etc.) in a database collection that includes over 200,000 individuals, 80,000 policies, and 30,000 organizations.
- Programmed macros in Excel to automate the creation of frequently requested reports as well as generate a department-wide employee allocation calculator.