ExperienceDatabase Design - 10 yearsDjango - 8 yearsPostgreSQL - 8 yearsPython - 8 yearsSoftware Architecture - 6 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsSystem Integration - 2 yearsContinuous Integration (CI) - 2 years
The most amazing...
...piece of software I've made, amongst other great things that I'm quite proud of, is a distributed price tracker system.
Charter Schools USA
- Led the development of an education-related project with a team of five people. I'm the architect, mentor, and key developer.
- Created deployment pipelines on AWS for development and production deployment to build Docker containers, run tests, and deploy to the server/Elastic Beanstalk.
- Designed a solution allowing seamless processing of compute-intensive data to and from the application.
- Developed an integration with third-party services (NWEA, Easybridge, Powerschool, Clever, Lexia, etc.).
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse data structure and permission model (in Snowflake).
- Directly communicated with the customer (the Education Department) to assess their needs for the project and deliver the product on time.
- Engineered software to ingest big data.
- Normalized and consolidated data.
- Integrated AWS Aurora and AWS Lambda.
- Built an investment estimation tool for the robo-adviser.
- Implemented a number of code improvements to gain up to 600% performance optimization.
- Introduced, designed, and made a technical assignment to build a distributed infrastructure to support scalable execution of time-consuming jobs based on existing processes.
- Upgraded long-running periodic jobs to support the distributed infrastructure, making the jobs scale horizontally.
- Optimized periodic jobs to run 40x faster to offer users 4x fresher data and significantly reduced server load.
- Introduced continuous integration and automatic deployment.
- Created deployment scripts that decreased deployment time, proved to significantly reduce the human factor.
- Performed data analysis of ~200 million records using map-reduce and task-specific algorithms.
- Created a distributed price tracker to monitor ~600k web pages per day.
- Designed and implemented an AWS-backed autoscaling distributed system to support the price tracker and web interface.
- Developed a bookmarklet to let the users add their own products from any website.
- Made an extension for the Chrome browser with extended bookmarklet functionality.
- Utilized automatic deployment.
- Developed automatic website parsing with PhantomJS to work with the price tracker.
- Made a Sphinx-based full-text search for over 2 million tracked products.
- Created an online email designer system (create/edit/manage client email templates in the browser).
- Developed a REST API with social network authentication.
• Real-estate oriented CMS with agent-in-the-field one-hand input mode.
• Cinema recruiting website with single-page user interface and REST API.
• Web crawlers.
• Web-based admin tool for Shopify-like platform.
• Part of a payment processing system.
• Online multi-store platform; a tool to automatically adjust prices by its own custom-made language.
• CRM (file-management and financial modules) and integration with a third-party system.
• Linux server administration.
Flask, Django, Angular
PhantomJS, REST APIs, Backbone.js, jQuery, Underscore.js, Social APIs, Twitter API, Facebook API, Google Maps
Celery, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS SDK, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Docker Compose, Vagrant, GitHub, Git, PyCharm, Autodesk Fusion 360, Mercurial, Jenkins, Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Sentry
Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, Database Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Class-based OOP, Scrum, Extreme Programming, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, MacOS, Amazon EC2, Ubuntu, Azure, OS X, Arduino
PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, Data Pipelines, Redis, Memcached, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Sphinx Search Engine, Oracle PL/SQL, Redshift
Data Architecture, Team Leadership, Architecture, System Integration, Software Architecture, Mobile Web, System Architecture, Social Networks, RHEL, Internet of Things (IoT), Graphite
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Volgograd State Technical University - Volgograd, Russia