- Lead Developer/ArchitectCharter Schools USA2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Django, AWS, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Docker, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Led the development of an education-related project with a team of five people. I'm the architect, mentor, and key developer.
- Created deployment pipelines on AWS for development and production deployment to build docker containers, run tests, and deploy to the server/Elastic Beanstalk.
- Designed a solution allowing seamless processing of compute-intensive data to and from the application.
- Developed an integration with third-party services (NWEA, Easybridge, Powerschool, Clever, Lexia, etc.).
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse data structure and permission model (in Snowflake).
- Directly communicated with the customer (the Education Department) to assess their needs for the project and deliver the product on time.
- Senior DeveloperBetasmartz2016 - 2017
- Built an investment estimation tool for the robo-adviser.
- Implemented a number of code improvements to gain up to 600% performance optimization.
- Senior Developer/ArchitectHealthsense, Inc.2015 - 2016
Technologies: System Architecture, Test-driven Development, Continuous Integration, Problem Solving, Python, Django, MySQL (Fine Tuning), MongoDB, Celery, RHEL, Jenkins, RabbitMQ
- Introduced, designed, and made a technical assignment to build a distributed infrastructure to support scalable execution of time-consuming jobs based on existing processes.
- Upgraded long-running periodic jobs to support the distributed infrastructure, making the jobs scale horizontally.
- Optimized periodic jobs to run 40x faster to offer users 4x fresher data and significantly reduced server load.
- Introduced continuous integration and automatic deployment.
- Created deployment scripts that decreased deployment time, proved to significantly reduce the human factor.
- Performed data analysis of ~200 million records using map-reduce and task specific algorithms.
- Senior Developer/ArchitectClutchRetail, Inc.2012 - 2015
- Created a distributed price tracker to monitor ~600k web pages per day.
- Designed and implemented an AWS-backed autoscaling distributed system to support the price tracker and web interface.
- Developed a bookmarklet to let the users add their own products from any website.
- Made an extension for the Chrome browser with extended bookmarklet functionality.
- Utilized automatic deployment.
- Developed automatic website parsing with PhantomJS to work with the price tracker.
- Made a Sphinx-based full-text search for over 2 million tracked products.
- Created an online email designer system (create/edit/manage client email templates in the browser).
- Developed a REST API with social network authentication.