Python Developer in Montreal, QC, Canada
Lead Developer/Architect2017 - PRESENTCharter Schools USA
Technologies: Python, Django, AWS, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Docker, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Led the development of an education-related project with a team of five people. I'm the architect, mentor, and key developer.
- Created deployment pipelines on AWS for development and production deployment to build Docker containers, run tests, and deploy to the server/Elastic Beanstalk.
- Designed a solution allowing seamless processing of compute-intensive data to and from the application.
- Developed an integration with third-party services (NWEA, Easybridge, Powerschool, Clever, Lexia, etc.).
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse data structure and permission model (in Snowflake).
- Directly communicated with the customer (the Education Department) to assess their needs for the project and deliver the product on time.
Data Engineer2018 - 2018Tule
Technologies: AWS, Python, Redshift, MySQL
- Engineered software to ingest big data.
- Normalized and consolidated data.
- Integrated AWS Aurora and AWS Lambda.
Senior Developer2016 - 2017Betasmartz
- Built an investment estimation tool for the robo-adviser.
- Implemented a number of code improvements to gain up to 600% performance optimization.
Senior Developer/Architect2015 - 2016Healthsense, Inc.
Technologies: System Architecture, Test-driven Development, Continuous Integration, Problem Solving, Python, Django, MySQL (Fine Tuning), MongoDB, Celery, RHEL, Jenkins, RabbitMQ
- Introduced, designed, and made a technical assignment to build a distributed infrastructure to support scalable execution of time-consuming jobs based on existing processes.
- Upgraded long-running periodic jobs to support the distributed infrastructure, making the jobs scale horizontally.
- Optimized periodic jobs to run 40x faster to offer users 4x fresher data and significantly reduced server load.
- Introduced continuous integration and automatic deployment.
- Created deployment scripts that decreased deployment time, proved to significantly reduce the human factor.
- Performed data analysis of ~200 million records using map-reduce and task-specific algorithms.
Senior Developer/Architect2012 - 2015ClutchRetail, Inc.
- Created a distributed price tracker to monitor ~600k web pages per day.
- Designed and implemented an AWS-backed autoscaling distributed system to support the price tracker and web interface.
- Developed a bookmarklet to let the users add their own products from any website.
- Made an extension for the Chrome browser with extended bookmarklet functionality.
- Utilized automatic deployment.
- Developed automatic website parsing with PhantomJS to work with the price tracker.
- Made a Sphinx-based full-text search for over 2 million tracked products.
- Created an online email designer system (create/edit/manage client email templates in the browser).
- Developed a REST API with social network authentication.
- Selected Projects (Other amazing things)
• Web-based tool to control remote CMS’s and analyse website content.
• Real-estate oriented CMS with agent-in-the-field one-hand input mode.
• Cinema recruiting website with single-page user interface and REST API.
• Web crawlers.
• Web-based admin tool for Shopify-like platform.
• Part of a payment processing system.
• Online multi-store platform; a tool to automatically adjust prices by its own custom-made language.
• CRM (file-management and financial modules) and integration with a third-party system.
• Linux server administration.
- Boris is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Boris shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksFlask, Django, Angular
Libraries/APIsPhantomJS, REST APIs, Backbone.js, jQuery, Underscore.js, Social APIs, Twitter API, Facebook API, Google Maps
ToolsCelery, AWS ECS, AWS SDK, AWS ECR, Docker Compose, Vagrant, GitHub, Git, PyCharm, Autodesk Fusion 360, Mercurial, Jenkins, Apache, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Sentry
ParadigmsContinuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, Database Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Class-based OOP, Scrum, Extreme Programming, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, MacOS, AWS EC2, Ubuntu, Azure, Arduino
StoragePostgreSQL, AWS RDS, SQLite, MySQL, Data Pipelines, Redis, Memcached, AWS S3, MongoDB, Sphinx Search Engine, Oracle PL/SQL
OtherData Architecture, Team Leadership, Architecture, System Integration, Software Architecture, Mobile Web, Internet of Things (IoT), Graphite
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2001 - 2006Volgograd State Technical University - Volgograd, Russia