Senior Software Engineer2012 - PRESENTORCAS
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Ansible, CentOS, Vagrant, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, PhoneGap, Tastypie
- Built web application back-ends using the Django framework.
- Made design modifications to improve existing applications.
- Managed server infrastructure.
- Provided expertise for research grants.
- Built supplemental mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Developed according to Agile methodologies.
Front-end Web Developer2010 - 2012Freedom Voice
Technologies: PHP, Kohana, Moo Tools
- Helped with technology decisions.
- Built websites using the Kohana framework given Photoshop files.
- Worked with designers to resolve unforeseen user interface issues.
- Collaborated with the developers of the back-end to make sure the API works as needed.
- Presented to the department about the current and future state of development on the platform.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008Oregon Center for Applied Science (ORCAS)
Technologies: Python, Django, MySQL, Subversion
- Built websites using the Django framework given CSS and high-level design.
- Increased website interactivity using AJAX.
- Designed and implemented software installation CD.
- Worked together with research assistants on site designs.
- Enhanced CSS and design as required.
Software/QA Engineer2004 - 2006iMetrikus, Inc.
Technologies: ASP.NET, SQL Server, Sourcesafe
- Implemented new features as specified in engineering change orders/requests.
- Created and maintained reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Helped with software configuration management (SCM).
- Ran deployments and troubleshot problems on many systems from demo systems to production servers.
- Wrote and executed test plans based on functional requirements documents (FRD).
- Wrote test reports based on test execution results.
Software Developer2003 - 2004University of Utah
Technologies: Java, Java Web Start, JMF (Java Media Framework), CVS
- Developed the collaborative/education component of Computational Science and Engineering Online (CSEO), an innovative online grid-enabled cyber-infrastructure for research, collaboration, and education in computational science and engineering.
- Integrated collaborative tools such as chat, whiteboard, audio/video conferencing, and desktop sharing into the CSEO mainframe.
- Used the JMF to enable video conferencing.
- Continued development and bug fixes to the collaborative tools.
- Participated in a demo for potential investors.