- Front-end Developer2016 - PRESENTSeatCrawler (via Toptal)
- Built a prototype in Ember.js for visualizing ticketing data on custom and interactive venue maps using MapBox.
- Converted large GeoJSON maps to smaller vector tiles in Node.js and cached them on AWS in order to limit the amount of data transfer and speed up rendering.
- Created a Node.js-based API using LoopBack to serve data cached in MongoDB.
- Ported the mapping portions to standalone React.js components to be used in a larger application.
- Optimized the map viewer for better controls on touch-enabled devices.
Technologies: React.js, Semantic UI, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, JIRA
- Converted InVision and Photoshop designs to an interactive, responsive, pixel-perfect user experience.
- Incorporated user feedback from bi-weekly demos and daily standups.
- Created detailed documentation describing API endpoints required for both our internal application and for fetching data from external providers.
- Ensured support for the web application to be used in all major browsers as well as IE 11 and as a Microsoft Outlook add-in.
- Senior Software Engineer - Theatrical Domestic2015 - 2016Rentrak Corporation
- Set up an automated pipeline for continuous integration and deployment.
- Optimized the performance of the production virtual machines through the allocation of resources and software.
- Improved the client experience by providing new technologies quickly.
- Upgraded a set of reports to show data visually using AmCharts and Google Maps.
- Software Engineer - Theatrical International2011 - 2015Rentrak Corporation
- Upgraded the website to a Single Page App, using cutting-edge web technologies.
- Developed a subsystem to track and display film interest prior to release.
- Led the team transitioning data and reports from the French market into our system.
- Practiced Agile, test-driven development in a Linux environment.
- Created a set of charts and graphs to visually compare historical data across multiple sets of films.
- Peer Educator | Tutor2010 - 2010Academic Success Center, Oregon State University
Technologies: Prolog, Haskell
- Tutored three different students in the programming languages Haskell and Prolog.
- Wrote sample problems and gave advice to prepare students for upcoming tests.
- Guided students through lecture slides, homework, examples, and practice exams.
- Management Information Systems Intern2008 - 2008OECO, LLC
- Designed a web-based help desk using ColdFusion and various web design standards.
- Implemented a Microsoft Access-based database system for electronic change orders.
- Provided general technical support with the Information Technology department.