Verified Expert in Engineering
Brady has over five years of experience as a full-stack engineer at both large companies (Google, Uber) and small startups (Palantir, Remix). He has led high-priority projects from idea to launch, contributing to everything from massively distributed systems on the back end to complex UIs on the front end. He prides himself on his adaptability and is driven to build excellent products.
PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Go, Node.js, Python, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...project I've led allowed Uber Eats to compete in critical markets by onboarding restaurants instantly, involving coordination among dozens of teams and systems.
Senior Software Engineer
- Launched Uber Eats' 2019 #1 priority project in just five months which was responsible for double-digit millions of dollars in additional gross bookings within three months of launch and allowed Uber to catch up to competitors in critical markets.
- Launched a feature to allow restaurants that perform their own deliveries to selectively fall back to Uber's delivery network (e.g. during busy times), which helped secure contracts with large international chains like Panera Bread and Dominoes.
- Led projects and teams of 3-5 other engineers, collaborating with up to 10-15 other teams during the design and implementation process.
- Built complex map-based interactions using React, Leaflet, and Mapbox to allow public transportation agencies to better plan their systems and export GTFS, taking into account geography, schedule, cost, and all kinds of demographics.
- Refactored the GTFS data ingestion pipeline, eliminating entire classes of runtime errors that previously had to be manually addressed.
- Delivered features that resulted in 20+ contracts/renewals with public transit agencies across the world representing millions of ARR.
- Led projects with two other engineers from brainstorming to launch.
- Interviewed candidates and helped double the engineering team from approximately 10 to approximately 20 engineers.
- Migrated and consolidated all in-app subscription user library data for the Google Play Store from five Bigtable databases and associated services into one Spanner database and service, reducing read latency by 20%.
- Launched external-facing APIs to allow developers to refund, revoke, and defer payments and access in-app subscriptions.
- Launched the #1 user-requested feature for Google Maps for Android, the distance measurement tool, which saw 100,000+ interactions per day within a week of launching.
- Launched the real-time location sharing feature for Google Maps for Android.
- Managed and mentored an intern to a successful rehiring.
Uber Eats "Over the Top"
Apache Thrift, gRPC, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, React Native, Guice
React, Node.js, Guava
REST, Functional Programming
PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Google Cloud Spanner, BigTable
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Maryland - College Park, MD
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring