Verified Expert in Engineering
Docker, Elasticsearch, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, React, Vue, Python, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
The most amazing...
...thing I've architected is a system that could scrape millions of websites in under 30 minutes.
- Built dynamic system on web admin for customizing information screens shown to the users based on various factors like market, vehicle type, ride count, trip stage, and others.
- Developed systems to dynamically configure pre-start Ride quizzes that are fully configurable on the fly, that require no downtime or deployment.
- Built Localisation modules that are deployment independent using Vue.js, ECMAScript (ES6).
- Migrated support ticketing system in the Ruby on Rails back end from Zendesk to Salesforce using Restforce API.
- Built a GDPR compliant back-end system that would erase all traces of customer identifiable data completely from the system in the back end using Ruby on Rails.
- Integrated Vue.js in standalone mode to the existing Rails ActionView back end, improvising the developer throughput and moving away from the legacy jQuery in the Web Admin interface.
- Led the entire product development from scratch.
- Built a system capable of handling a huge volume of documents and processing them using purely horizontal scalable models, removing time from the equation mainly using Kubernetes.
- Designed the UI/UX for the product from the ground up. Built with Vue.js, Bootstrap, and Vuex for state management.
- Improved volume document transaction time from four days to under two minutes using pure horizontal scalability techniques.
- Created a test framework using RSpec to help young developers to write tests with the least friction and maximum coverage (>4x lines visited) and implemented full TDD across the team.
- Conducted iterative feedback sessions with the customer for UX and incorporated changes to the most used sections.
- Led a team of 15 members and managed the complete E2E delivery.
- Created a one-click install using Docker Compose for the software to be deployed in on-premise environments.
- Automated the entire infrastructure using Terraform.
- Redesigned the authorization of products from the ground up to support granular roles that are highly customizable with reduced friction.
- Implemented an alerting system capable of delivering millions of alerts to various end customers built using SOLR, Postgres, and Rails.
- Added search capabilities using a result set for over five billion complex data sets. Built using Solr and integrated the Solr engine with the Python project using Django Haystack. The front-end was Angular.
- Implemented charting capabilities for advanced analytics that is reactive and in real-time using Highcharts.
- Created a Ruby framework that helps improve developer productivity to avoid connection overheads when working remotely. Open-sourced it as well.
- Made contributor rights to the famous open-source library Sunspot the Ruby wrapper for the SOLR search engine.
- Automated the email workflow sending over six million emails using SendGrid, Action Mailer, and Premailer.
- Integrated payment capabilities to the product using Braintree.
- Designed and implemented delivering confidential data through Amazon S3 safely using Express.js.
- Designed end-to-end monitoring using NewRelic, Honeybadger, and Monit.
- Helped build a Saas application that served a niche customer focus area, a group of inventors using Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, jQuery, and CSS.
- Implemented advanced search using Elasticsearch to cater to various customer needs. Actively contributed many learnings back to the Elastic community.
- Implemented Web 2.0 experience using Turbolinks, jQuery, and Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a conference starter kit, a Windows Mobile Phone application for Microsoft built using C#, Silverlight, and Windows Mobile SDK.
- Wrote 3x more tests than the actual code. Strictly followed TDD and BDD design practices. Handled unit and functional testing using RSpec and E2E testing using Capybara.
- Developed an emergency assistance application for Android to track kids using their geographical location. Built using Java and Android SDK.
- Adhered to security best practices in key sharing using Amazon IAM. Built a custom encryption algorithm that makes developers share secret keys securely.
- Implemented texting capabilities to notify about upcoming schedules using the Delayed Job, Rails whenever library.
- Integrated OAuth 2.0 with Google for students to sign up for the course.
- Set up a VPN with a bastion host to securely access Rosetta Stone servers.
- Overhauled the UI/UX workflow to move away from web-only standards to responsive design.
- Conducted sprint retrospectives and root cause analysis sessions with the team for even trivial bugs. This resulted in nil issues both during regression and production.
- Optimized the code written in Java/Spring to efficiently cater to thousands of concurrent users accessing the platform.
- Adopted the Rails authorization framework CanCan to move all authorization-related code to one place, which hugely improved the efficiency and maintainability of code.
- Developed a parallel image upload feature using Flash ActionScript for eBay Pictures (retired now).
- Developed front-end and back-end pieces of Gold Standard, eBay's auto-tagging category assist of customer images and products. Used JSF, Java, jQuery, and CSS.
- Set up a weekly algorithm and data structure meetup to improve awareness of software best practices in the industry that dives into topics like runtime optimization and dynamic programming.
- Designed a product from scratch called Kala, a graphical utility using batik engine to a markup over AutoCAD (.dwg) drawings using Core Java, Swing, SVG, and XML.
- Maintained Verizon's network utility eSolutions (VENUe), which enables engineers to redline. Built using Java and Swing with Oracle database in the back end.
- Developed smart forms, a map viewing application with viewing, locating, and markup functionalities. Involved in complete R&D of developing the map viewer from scratch replacing Google maps for Verizon.
- Designed the SVG Merge engine, a graphical utility intended to lay out networks/circuits by reading them from the database and with a non-overlapping connection between them. Developed the framework from scratch and implemented it in core Java.
- Involved in migration efforts from Oracle to the Postgres database as part of Verizon's offware migration and open source adoption efforts.
- Involved in migrating from WebLogic to open-source JBoss as part of offware migration and open source adoption efforts by Verizon.
Mass Web Crawler Enginehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfaVYHIQ98
Insights for RPX Corporationhttps://insight.rpxcorp.com/
Author of Supercache | Open Sourcehttps://github.com/bragboy/supercache
Author of Horoscope | Open Sourcehttps://github.com/bragboy/horoscope
Contributor to Sunspot | Open Sourcehttps://github.com/sunspot/sunspot
Nokogiri Fast Engine for Premailer-rails | Open Sourcehttps://github.com/premailer/premailer/commit/59542aa860b2c2fbe6994556b0bac6647bb6e3cb
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Spring, Django, Express.js, Factory Girl, Angular, React Native, Ember.js, Hibernate, Bootstrap, JSF, Swing, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Selenium
Vue, React, jQuery, Sidekiq, Highcharts
Jira, SendGrid, CircleCI, RSpec, Solr, Travis CI, Jenkins, Terraform, Caddy Server, AWS ELB, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Mailchimp
Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Refactoring, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Scrum
Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mailgun, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce
Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud, Relational Databases
Web Scraping, Full-stack, BrainTree, User Experience (UX), Data Structures, Algorithms, Internet of Things (IoT), Amazon Route 53, Identity & Access Management (IAM), SVG, Oracle Spatial, Amplitude, APIs, Email, Emailers, Web Security, Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, Data Warehousing, Operating Systems, Data Mining, Multimedia, OOP Designs, Software Architecture
Master's Degree in Software Systems
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Rajasthan, India
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering
PSG College of Technology - Coimbatore, India
Certified Scrum Master