Power BI Developer2020 - PRESENTUS Acute Care Solutions
Technologies: Power BI, DAX, SSAS Tabular, SQL Server, SSRS
- Design & build Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Reporting needs included clinical, financial, and operational.
- Build solutions from the ground up, including coding of DAX and SQL.
- Proposed and implemented standards for performance and usability.
Power BI & Report Builder Development2019 - 2020Tennessee Valley Authority
Technologies: Power BI, Report Builder, Actuate, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- Designed and built Power BI and Report Builder reports.
- Worked on a project to replace Actuate so knowledge of this system was also required.
- Oversaw and was responsible for SQL development (Oracle) of reports, including testing and documentation.
Lead Consultant2018 - 2019Panoptive
Technologies: SQL, Power BI, Google Data Studio, SQL Server, Azure, Redshift
- Advised clients on a wide range of data challenges, working hand-on to implement solutions.
- Targeted efforts around KPI development and implementations.
- Presented to large groups on metric development processes.
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing2009 - 2018TD Ameritrade
Technologies: SQL, Oracle BI (OBIEE), Power BI, SQL Server
- Developed hands-on with SQL, providing key metrics, insights, and deep analyses to executive-level management.
- Trained the team on Oracle BI (OBIEE), SQL, and performance tuning.
- Spearheaded the development of BI and data warehouse programs.
BI Architect2005 - 2009Anheuser-Busch
Technologies: Oracle BI (OBIEE), Teradata, SQL
- Developed from end to end with Oracle BI.
- Created designs for Oracle BI solutions, both in the Teradata database and OBIEE layers.
- Completed the development of repository and dashboard reports.
- Presented the OBIEE architecture to internal groups within the company.
- Collaborated with DBAs to improve end-user performance.
Engineering Lead | Data Architect1999 - 2005Cerner Corporation
Technologies: Oracle BI, Oracle DB, DB2, SQL Server, Informatica, PeopleSoft Finance & HR, Siebel CRM, Actuate
- Acted as a team lead and senior architect in the coordination of a business intelligence team (15-20 individuals).
- Built, as one of two seed team members, the company’s first data warehouse (DB2) and business intelligence solution, supporting 6,000 employees.
- Delivered on time 12 data warehouse design and delivery iterations, spanning multiple projects per iteration.
- Completed BI and data warehouse projects in multiple business areas including finance, sales, service (call centers), time, expense, product development, and human resources.
- Oversaw and was responsible for hardware sizing and software installation and configuration.
- Earned a “distinguished” (top 5%) performance rating.