Developer and Consultant2020 - PRESENTFreelance Web Developer and Consultant
- Built a high-performance UI for a web-based digital audio workstation and its surrounding SaaS website. The app performs at 60 FPS despite complex zooming animations and data requirements. Each page of the SaaS website loads almost instantly.
- Built a web-based advertising tool for a client in the automotive industry. The tool automated several tasks for managing Facebook marketing audiences, cutting down the client's workflow from 2-3 hours to just a few minutes.
- Created an automated trading application which enabled a client to execute on their algorithmic trading strategy. The client's trading accounts move large sums of money each day, so security was a primary concern.
- Built a web-based food ordering experience (similar to Uber Eats) that integrated into AI chat flows, as well as the merchant-facing CMS for the platform. Dramatically improved UI performance of existing pages that would often freeze.
Software Engineer III2016 - 2020
Technologies: Python, CSS, HTML, Dart, Java
- Developed web apps (Google Ads and parts of Google Assistant) which served millions of users with different use cases, device types, backgrounds, and ability levels.
- Played an active role in leading complex engineering projects from start to finish, organizing spreadsheets of processes and tasks, managing important details such as assignees, bottlenecks, dependencies, deadlines, stages, and priorities.
- Collaborated with UX designers and product managers to give feedback on designs and proactively suggest improvements, as well as communicate engineering constraints to wrangle complexity and scope.
Intern2014 - 2014Yelp
- Added instrumentation for the review translation feature on mobile devices. Wrangled the log data stored in Amazon S3 and assembled the results into a dashboard for internal use.
- Added SQL filtering options for an internal admin dashboard.
- Wrangled geographical data to contribute to Yelp's Japan launch.