Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Architect and Software Developer
Brandon is an experienced professional who has worked as a systems administrator and network engineer/architect. He has a strong passion for developing, implementing, and supporting the technologies used both yesterday and today to get the job done. Brandon has solid experience working with major vendors such as Fortinet, Cisco Ubiquiti, and Palo Alto Networks.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), TCP/IP, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, Cisco, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Direct Connect (DC), Interconnected Networks
The most amazing...
...thing I have ever supported is a multitenant Fortune-500 software as a service platform supporting 5+ billion transactions per day.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer and Senior DevOps Engineer
- Tasked for many years with keeping a multi-million dollar SaaS product online. This was first via bare metal servers, and in recent years via AWS and GCP. Finally, supporting and migrating these applications in the current era to Kubernetes.
- Implemented change management procedures, alerting tiers, incident management, and synthetic external tests to ensure the SaaS product remains online and operating within specifications.
- Supported engineering efforts to break down monolithic repos/services into microservices.
- Designed corporate and data center network footprints from architecture to implementation, support, and monitoring.
- Designed and implemented large scale networks for both corporate and data center. Shared my knowledge on IPv4, and IPv6 and connecting large cloud providers directly to the data center for migratory or scaling purposes.
- Managed scaling, procurement, and vendor relationships for networking equipment.
- Worked with security teams to define network perimeter (firewall and intrusion detection) threat and security models.
- Worked with major vendors (Fortinet, Cisco Ubiquiti, and Palo Alto Networks) with both their hardware offerings and some via the cloud (Prisma at Palo Alto and Meraki). Shared my knowledge on hardware appliance offerings, cloud, and open source implementations.
Data Center to The Cloud
VPN, Amazon EKS, Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), NGINX, Prisma
Data Centers, MySQL, Cassandra
Cisco, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, Data Center Migration, Capacity Planning, Servers, Direct Connect (DC), Interconnected Networks, Networking, Network Engineering, Network Access Control, Firewalls, Apache Cassandra, Juniper, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, SonicWall, Purchasing, Website Performance, Palo Alto Networks
Bash Script, Perl, Go
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CentOS, Azure