Lead Cloud Engineer2021 - PRESENTWaveOne
Technologies: Bazel, AWS, Docker, Go, SQL
- Built a scalable video platform for high-throughput video encoding and serving.
- Integrated state-of-the-art ML video compression into a GPU-enabled cloud environment.
- Built a web portal for users to upload videos, manage accounts and organizations, and manage their video content.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2021Verily (Alphabet)
Technologies: Go, SQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Bazel, Docker, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage
- Oversaw teams building systems for managing fleets of surgical robots and surgical video ML inference pipelines for Verily. Launched external trials of an ML-enabled surgical platform.
- Led a team of engineers split between San Francisco, Boston, and Shanghai, building the back end for Lumi by Pampers system.
- Managed a team of engineers split between San Francisco and Boston, building the back end for Verily Patch.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017
Technologies: Java, Google Closure, Bazel, Flume
- Led the development for service on or off configuration in the Google Workspace Admin console.
- Worked on onboarding flows and domain-related features for Google Workspace for individuals.
- Built large-scale Flume pipelines for managing new service enablement rollouts.
Software Engineer2012 - 2015Pioneer Valley Transit Authority
- Developed bus fleet management web applications in Ruby on Rails.
- Re-wrote entire payroll processing pipeline for scale and maintainability, processes payroll for entire UMTS organization.
- Maintained servers, managed deployments and new service rollouts, and sometimes drove buses.