VP of Engineering & Technical Co-Founder2013 - PRESENTPandexio
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Auth0, Pusher, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon CloudSearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS Lambda, Serverless
- Helped found a lean technology team for this startup, responsible for strategic partnerships, security and compliance strategy, technology operations, and system architecture.
- Used API Gateway and DynamoDB via the Serverless Framework to expose ultra-scalable services, and used SNS and SQS messaging to elastically enable them to communicate in near real time.
- Leveraged Auth0 to enable OpenID Connect-based authentication and authorization for back- and front-ends.
- Harnessed AWS CloudSearch to construct a search domain, using incremental batch updates instead of completely re-indexing all data on an interval.
- Built a real-time web sockets API, exposing all domain events via Pusher.
- Enabled synchronization of server applications by publishing domain events to all webhook subscribers.
Interim VP of Engineering2016 - 2017Imagen Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), TensorFlow, Keras, Python, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Docker, ECS
- Led technical strategy and implementation during growth phase, enabling engineering and science teams to cohesively work towards building products that reduce medical diagnostic errors.
- Implemented processes and procedures in compliance with FDA regulations.
- Designed and built tools to support machine learning, including an indexer to parse incoming DICOM files and index them for use by downstream components, a web application for labeling new images, and a utility to build training data sets containing sets of labeled images by body part.
- Architected and implemented a musculoskeletal CAD service (AWS-hosted execution harness, Keras using TensorFlow provider) and corresponding service client (dcmtk, acts as SCP and SCU) to automatically detect possible regions of interest, enabling medical imaging devices to send files and PACS viewers to receive files using standard DICOM protocol from within the hospital network.
Enterprise Architect2013 - 2013EY
Technologies: SAML, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, HTML5, .NET
- Defined and enforced company-wide software design standards as part of the enterprise architecture team.
- Led both tactical and strategic initiatives to accomplish secure internal and external SSO.
- Coordinated with domestic and international project teams to provide software architecture guidance and validate corresponding software designs for multiple, concurrent projects.
Solution Architect2011 - 2013Thomson Reuters
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, OData, XAML, HTML5, WIF
- Designed and developed a patent-pending payment management system to prevent mistaken abandonment of patents/trademarks and led the development team to deliver it.
- Ran a strategic business initiative to prototype an IP management system in the Japanese market, successfully achieving funding for a multi-million dollar, multi-year business case.
- Drove adoption of Scrum development methodology, establishing lean development practices and identifying and deploying tools to manage new processes.
- Automated continuous integration builds and on-demand deployment builds for all database, web, Silverlight, and ClickOnce applications using TFS 2010 across multiple environments.
- Designed an inversion of control-based data tier supporting both SQL Server and Oracle using Telerik OpenAccessORM and Entity framework based on configuration.
Senior Developer2010 - 2010Urban Science
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Delivered an asynchronous web UI to improve responsiveness using Telerik, AJAX-enabled WCF services, and jQuery.
- Consulted other teams as a security expert on the best practices for exposing a public API.
- Migrated legacy a ADO.NET data access layer to use Entity framework.
- Designed and developed a generic, lightweight, cross-browser compatible loading module and implemented it system-wide.
Senior Developer2009 - 2010Valassis
Technologies: Queuing Systems, Oracle, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), C#, MS Silverlight, ASP.NET MVC
- Designed and developed an enterprise SOA solution using TCP-bound WCF services.
- Created a common queue library used by all services to enable robust and streamlined asynchronous message processing, backed by the Oracle queue framework.
- Automated build and deployment processes using TFS, MSBuild, and NAnt.
Team Lead2008 - 2009Compuware
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET
- Designed and developed a globally distributed .NET 3.5 WinForms automotive forecasting tool using NetTiers, DynamicPdf, Infragistics, and Microsoft Charting to create a seamless, elegant user interface.
- Created a responsive web-based dashboard to display analytics information using SQL Server Reporting Services and Telerik charting components.
Senior Developer2008 - 2008New World Systems
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, C#
- Developed .NET Windows and Web applications to perform human resources related administrative tasks for public sector offices, including city offices, police departments, and fire departments.
- Utilized XML/XSL to create custom reports and state transmittal files.
- Led prototyping efforts for dynamic data administration forms.
- Performed unit testing using MSTest framework to deliver consistently stable code.
Software Developer2006 - 2008Walbridge
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET
- Converted the corporate timesheet application to utilize AJAX instead of posting the entire form and include advanced project details.
- Developed Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages to transform and migrate the data from an excessively complex 500+ table database to a smaller, simplified database.
- Utilized Crystal Reports to project future project costs based on date, location, and other configurable parameters.
- Managed company application framework housing standardized functions, features, and controls.
Intern2003 - 2006General Motors
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Windows Forms (WinForms), C#
- Built a .NET 1.1 WinForms application using C# with a Microsoft Access back-end to track changes in plant process requirements for the maintenance department.
- Created an application to store, maintain, and analyze plant-wide, employee safety concerns using Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Coordinated with other plants to standardize utilization of the plant process application.
- Developed business pitch presentation and learning materials to be used to internally market the products.
- Trained other interns on the application so it could be supported during each semester.